LinkedIn Apply '“ You can apply for this role using your LinkedIn profile.
Satsuma Loans is part of Provident Financial Group, a FTSE100 established in 1880. We are a rapidly expanding and changing business and over the past 2 years, we have seen a transformation through digitalisation and rapid growth.
Launched in 2013, Satsuma Loans is an online product that is simple and convenient '“ we know customers don't always want to borrow large sums of money, so we only issue small loans, with flexible repayment structures which are paid in manageable segments. This is supported by the values, customer service and straightforwardness that have always been at the heart of Provident Financial Group. We responsibly lend what customers can afford to repay and we look after our customers every step of the way.
We want to grow our company and stand out from the crowd'¦
How do we do this?
With the right people joining us on our journey. All you need to bring are the same qualities that have served us so well since 1880: honesty, trust, understanding, a strong work ethic and ambition to match.
We are committed to providing fantastic opportunities for your development, and by working in this entrepreneurial environment you have the freedom to voice your ideas and see processes, plans and strategies being formed and implemented from them.
We are very excited about our digital future and the roadmap ahead of us.
Interested? Read on
You will be responsible for the development, validation and maintenance of credit risk scorecards across all of our brands. You will assess data and produce solutions to help build our business further and improve our customer experience. If you have scorecard and modelling experience, have worked within a credit risk function and want to join our FTSE 100 business then we want to hear from you.
Your key duties include to:
- Develop credit risk scoring and underwriting models across all product lines
- Respond to analysis requests from the business functions
- Develop and monitor champion/challenger strategies
- Develop next generation tools to reduce scorecard development time without degrading benchmark performance
- Utilise customer information and behavioural scoring models to enhance collection and borrower retention strategies
- Work with the data team to ensure that data is fit for purpose, is optimized for analytical work, and new data sources are integrated
- Work with Analytics teams to analyse and recommend appropriate cut-off strategies
- Liaise with business stakeholders to understand modelling requirements, and provide direction and oversight on model use
- Previous experience as a scorecard developer who has worked within the Credit Risk function or similar environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with technical and non technical stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to influence and challenge constructively
- Able to work under own initiative, with minimal supervision
- Experience in credit scoring and other statistical modelling techniques
- Knowledge and experience in scorecard monitoring procedures
- Experience in working with large data sets
- Programming ability in SAS or alternative scorecard development tools
- Familiar with SQL and MS Office package
- Experience with Marketing and/or Collections models
- Degree in in statistics, mathematics, operation research or econometrics
- Strong experience of scorecard development within a Credit Risk or similar function
- Postgraduate education would be beneficial
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI)
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisatons that have signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES). The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characterisitcs set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.
APPLY USING YOUR LINKEDIN PROFILE. Donâ€™t have an up to date CV? If you have a LinkedIn profile youâ€™ll have the option during the application process to apply using your LinkedIn profile instead of a CV, saving you the time of updating your CV.