The question that we are often challenged with is who are we? And what do we do?
Provident Financial Group is a FTSE100 company that is made up of Provident, Satsuma Loans, Moneybarn and Vanquis Bank. We are the UKs leading suppliers of personal credit products to customers who might have trouble obtaining credit elsewhere. We're the friendly face of finance and loans, and we're proud of the foundations we have built for over 130 years, by making millions of lives better by looking after them where others might not. In a clear, honest and responsible way.
We are on a continual journey to shape the future of our business: continue the evolution of our Home Credit business and achieve our ambition to become the number 1 online lender.
Not only are we investing in new technology, we are constantly investing in our people as they ultimately are the focus of what we do. We set the bar high when it comes to integrity, being a FTSE 100 business, and simply put our purpose is to 'œlend a helping hand when others won't'.
We provide our colleagues with fantastic opportunities and personal development; and the freedom to voice your ideas, plans and strategies to help shape our business.
So why choose us? We put our customers at the heart of everything that we do, offer fantastic career development opportunities and can provide a friendly and fun environment in West Yorkshire!
We have come a long way but we have an incredible future ahead of us. How could you be a part of this?
We are currently looking for a Risk Oversight Senior Manager for Operational Risk to join our Enterprise Risk & Compliance function. Reporting directly into the Head of Enterprise Risk Oversight, you will be responsible for the oversight and challenge of the management of operational risk within the Consumer Credit Division of Provident Financial Group.
Day to day duties will be to:
- Improve and maintain the frameworks supporting the management of operational risk.
- Provide coaching and guidance to the First Line in terms of effective operational risk management and the design and operation of controls.
- Liaison with Risk Register stakeholders and owners to ensure that they are updated on a monthly basis and contain all material risks, key controls, issues and events and corrective action plans.
- Perform oversight and provide reporting on the management of operational risk.
- Perform and report on controls validation and adherence to risk appetite.
- Provide guidance on the ongoing evolution of the division's enterprise risk management framework.
In return, we can offer you a growing business with a credible team; a salary of up to Â£65,000 dependent on experience with fantastic benefits also.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI)
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES). The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.