We've been finding a better way for over 130 years.
Now it's your turn...
Part of a FTSE 100 financial group who've been in Bradford since 1880, we exist to help people when others won't. We're a trusted and ethical lender '“ lending to our customers face to face, and making sure the loans we offer are manageable, understandable, and exactly right for them. It's this personal, responsible approach that really makes us different. And, joining our contact centre team, you'll be a big part of this.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Solution Architect (Infrastructure) at our head office in Bradford. Here you will be tasked with ensuring that all business initiatives which require IT involvement are approached from a strategic perspective and aligned to the overall IT strategy.
Role responsibilities will include motivating the Business Change and Development Architecture team to deliver business objectives, build the capability of the team by supporting and coaching through effective performance management practices, provide regular feedback to team members, effectively communicate with Head of Function and Senior Enterprise Architects to provide feedback on potential succession plans/team performance, ensure team objectives are delivered, and provide operational and specialist insight to drive continuous improvement.
Other duties will include Identifying risks and provide proposals for potential solutions, balancing risk with business needs, provide architectural support for projects, ensure architectural principles, strategies, frameworks and technology roadmaps are developed/maintained, build strong relationships at all levels, and provide strategic insight to the management team and board
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Minimum of 10 years experience in IT including the full project lifecycle
- Minimum of 5 years in a Solution Architecture Role
- Background in infrastructure but has developed into a Solution Architect
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate technical considerations to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrable architectural confidence in several of following: Networks, Storage Area Networks, Firewalls, Load Balancing, Windows and Red Hat Operating Systems, Active Directory, DNS, Storage Arrays, Virtualisation Technologies, Operating Environments, Microsoft Technologies, Tooling, Service Support Applications, End User Computing
- Broad knowledge of one or more of: System/application Architecture, SOA/Micro Services, OLTP/OLAP databases, Intranets, Extranets, Mobile, B2B/B2C Strategies, Business Continuity and Governance.
- Recognised as a domain level expert in technologies either deployed within Provident or within the strategy to deploy
- Up to date knowledge of current and future technology trends which may be beneficial to the organisation.
- Delivered solutions in an FCA regulated business
- Architecting solutions in a cloud environment
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but itâ€™s not the only one. Weâ€™ll invest in your development â€“ giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. And, working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, youâ€™ll find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, weâ€™ll give you a package including pension and bonus schemes, and a whole range of other benefits besides.