Now it's your turn...
Part of a FTSE 100 financial group who've been in Bradford since 1880, we exist to help people when others won't. We're a trusted and ethical lender '“ lending to our customers face to face, and making sure the loans we offer are manageable, understandable, and exactly right for them. It's this personal, responsible approach that really makes us different. And, joining our Infrastructure team, you'll be a big part of this.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an IT Operations Delivery Infrastructure Specialist at our head office in Bradford. You will be tasked with managing and maintaining core Server and infrastructure systems critical to the running of the Provident core business and customers.
Duties of the role will include delivering technical resolutions to core service and platform incidents, provide a 3rd line level of support to core services and maintenance of mission critical infrastructure, take accountability for technical and support tasks, work reactively and in a proactive frame of mind, follow agreed Departmental ITIL processes and effective Incident, Change, Problem and Release Management, engage and maintain effective root cause analysis for appropriate incident and problem cases, document recommendations and solutions, prioritise different types of incidents and service impacting faults, and actively record, report and raise incidents and problem tickets where applicable when issues and faults arise.
You will also be required to develop, document and maintain support processes for 'œproduction' Storage, Server and Hypervisor platforms and services, work closely with the Technical Service Design team on new projects and initiatives, ensure suggested changes and fix activities are carried out on the back of any effective root cause analysis, ensure diagrams and documentation are updated accordingly ,develop strong working relationships with the Database Application Services team and Platform Design team, facilitate 3210 transition of appropriate support tasks, raise and manage risk issues, and own and manage the remedial action for audit findings.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Third line support skills in storage and hypervisor
- A solid working understanding of several of the following technologies: - Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (R2), Windows 2012 (R2), Active Directory, Group Policy, ESXi v5 & v6 and associated management tools (Or equivalent Virtualisation/Hypervisor product experience)
- Experience with supporting multiple distributed sites from a central location
- A firm understanding of ITILv3 practices
- Previous involvement in IT projects to transition new services into production support.
- Root Cause Fault Analysis and Problem Management on Microsoft services based infrastructure
- A grounding in understanding business customerâ€™s and delivering quality in incident handling and Root Cause Analysis
- A strong discipline for the creation of technical and process documentation.
***This role qualifies for an on-call allowance***
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but itâ€™s not the only one. Weâ€™ll invest in your development â€“ giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. And, working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, youâ€™ll find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, weâ€™ll give you a package including pension and bonus schemes, and a whole range of other benefits besides.