Now it's your turn'¦
Part of a FTSE 100 financial group who've been in Bradford since 1880, we exist to help people when others won't. We're a trusted and ethical lender '“ lending to our customers face to face, and making sure the loans we offer are manageable, understandable, and exactly right for them. It's this personal, responsible approach that really makes us different. And, joining our team, you'll be a big part of this.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Network Operations Specialist at our head office in Bradford. Here you will be tasked with managing and maintaining core Networks, voice communications and Infrastructure systems critical to the running of the Provident core business and customers. This is a really exciting time to join the team - it's a fast paced, motivated team environment and you'll be working alongside highly driven and energetic consultants.
Responsibilities will include local support duties; Data centre support, and support of the companies national branch systems, delivering technical resolution to core service faults and platform faults in the form of Break/Fix actions, Root Cause analysis, service continuity and improvement tasks, providing core services support and maintenance, taking accountability for technical and support tasks assigned to you as an individual, working reactively as the situation demands but to work at all times in a proactive frame of mind, providing support cover in accordance with department policy, following agreed Departmental ITIL processes and effective Incident, Change, Problem and Release Management, engaging and maintaining effective root cause analysis for appropriate incident and problem cases, and making and documenting recommendations and solutions.
Other duties will include prioritising different types of incidents and service impacting faults in accordance with the associated impact on production services, actively reporting and raising incidents when issues and faults are identified as part of daily checks, developing additional skills to assist with incidents and root cause activities within other areas of technical discipline across the team, reporting on longer term tasks and project/transition activities where you are engaged with other IT based teams and departments within the business, attending Operations Delivery team meetings, and be willing to undertake working hours as part of a rota-based system working early mornings/evenings, to ensure adequate business systems cover.
- Ideally from a third line support background â€“ Wintel Services / Networking Services.
- Experience with supporting multiple distributed sites from a central location.
- Firewall experience for both troubleshooting and changes preferably cisco ASA/Dell firewalls
- Extensive experience of Routing Protocols incl. EIGRP & OSPF
- ITIL Background, firm understanding of ITILv3 practices. Incident, Service, Change, Problem, Release.
- In depth knowledge of Ethernet/L2 switching
- Hands on recent experience of Cisco 3560, 3750, 4948â€™s 6509 & Nexus series (1K, 5K & 7K) switches
- Solid understanding of load balancing technologies preferably Brocade VTM
- Where applicable for a Voice/Comms disciplined role expectations are present for specialist knowledge of Genesys, Avaya, Verint and Speechstorm technologies employed by Provident to fulfil business trading.
- Involvement in IT projects to transition new services into production support.
- Working knowledge of wireless cisco technologies i.e. Cisco 5500 Series
- Experience of root cause fault analysis and problem management on LAN and Data Centre networking infrastructures.
- Experience of root cause fault analysis and problem management on Microsoft services based infrastructure.
- CCNA, CCNP held and current
- Verint and Genesys Certifications held and current
- Load balancing technology qualification/experience
- Any firewall certification or working knowledge
- Understanding of VMWare and Microsoft environments and network infrastructure support of those platforms.
***This role qualifies for an on-call allowance***
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but itâ€™s not the only one. Weâ€™ll invest in your development â€“ giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. And, working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, youâ€™ll find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, weâ€™ll give you a package including pension and bonus schemes, and a whole range of other benefits besides.