We've been finding a better way for over 130 years.
Now it's your turn.
Provident Financial Group is a FTSE100 company that is made up of Provident, Satsuma Loans, Moneybarn and Vanquis Bank. We are the UKs leading suppliers of personal credit products to customers who might have trouble obtaining credit elsewhere. We're the friendly face of finance and loans, and we're proud of the foundations we have built for over 130 years, by making millions of lives better by looking after them where others might not. In a clear, honest and responsible way.
About the role
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Compliance Advice Officer to join our well established Compliance & Risk function based in Bradford. Reporting into the Compliance Advice Manager, you will be responsible for providing pragmatic advice and guidance to business functions across Provident Home Credit and Satsuma Loans.
The Senior Compliance Advice Officer will play a pivotal part in interpreting regulatory requirements and communicating these clearly to key stakeholders. You will be proactive in carrying out research, conducting policy reviews and challenging documentation from a regulatory and conduct risk perspective, thinking through the eyes of the customer. Other responsibilities include -
- Interpreting the latest regulatory guidance and/or change applicable to CCD and identify how regulatory requirements can be applied in a way that is workable for the company
- Assisting the Compliance Advice Manager in compiling and producing regulatory papers for submission to relevant committees
- Working collaboratively with subject matter experts to assess and advise on the impact of regulations on business procedures, change programmes and customer facing material taking into account FCA & other relevant regulatory principles
- Provide secondary sign off to ensure all appropriate marketing materials, outputs, media and documentation produced by the first line are approved as complying with the prevailing regulatory requirements
- Representing the Compliance Advice Team on change projects to ensure regulatory requirements are identified, understood and implemented
- Assist the Compliance Advice Manager on an ad-hoc basis, as and when required, participating on relevant committees with follow up and discussion
- Influencing stakeholders so that appropriate actions are taken to assist stakeholders' management of regulatory risks
- Liaising with other members of Compliance and Enterprise Risk to ensure consistency and effective dissemination of best practices across the organisation
- Providing support and assistance to the wider Compliance team on an ad-hoc basis, as and when required
As a Compliance professional, you will have financial services experience in interpreting regulatory requirements, maintaining effective relationships with key business stakeholders and have substantial working knowledge of the FCAâ€™s Handbook and approach to regulation. You will be an excellent communicator who is able to demonstrate an analytical, methodical and pragmatic approach to your work. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about embedding a compliance culture where customers are at the heart of what we do.
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but itâ€™s not the only one. Weâ€™ll invest in your development â€“ giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. And, working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, youâ€™ll find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, weâ€™ll give you a package including pension and bonus schemes, and a whole range of other benefits besides.