Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provides a portfolio of products designed to meet the particular needs of those who want credit products, however are unable to obtain them through mainstream products and services. The group is made up of Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Vanquis Bank, Cheque Exchange and Moneybarn.
Provident is currently undergoing large transformational change within the Consumer Credit section of the business. Now is an exciting time to be part of the Tech & Change function as we shape the future of the business and more importantly how we continue to keep our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are very excited about our future and the road map ahead of us.
The role will lead a combined Networks function of design / delivery and operational BAU responsibilities.
You will lead the team from the front, coming from a hands-on Networking background, and supporting the team in Project Delivery work, designing and developing new solutions, and Operational work to maintain high levels of service for our internal and external customers.
Working as part of the Cloud and Infrastructure leadership team, the role holder must shape and improve their area of responsibility, and assist in defining the strategic and tactical direction of the function and alignment with the rest of IT. We're also pushing forward into the Cloud and this role will play an integral part in helping us define the Networks capability in a Hybrid-Cloud environment.
We rely heavily on our partners to provide high levels of service, so you will need to be able to manage the Network Service via external Service Providers, and also utilise our Offshore teams from a '˜shift left' perspective to free up time within the 3rd line team.
The role has split responsibility across people management / leadership, and technical duties and as such will be approximately 50% hands-on.
- Line Management responsibilities across the technical resources (5)
- Maintain service operation and provide a consistent and effective function line of business (network operations) within agreed SLA's at department and business level.
- Follow agreed Departmental ITL processes to implement and promote efficient and effective Incident, Change, Problem, Event, Performance, Capacity and Release Management.
- Manage root cause analysis tasks and service improvement initiatives, with a pro-active approach, to help formulate long term solutions around consistent documentation and best practice.
- Act as an escalation and point of contact for all service delivery impacting issues and faults to production services.
- Establish and maintain key relationships with stakeholders within Provident (IT, Head Office and Field).
- 3rd Party/Vendor Management in conjunction with the Service Delivery and Vendor management teams.
You will have experience in most the following areas:
- Ideally from a third line support background in Networking Services.
- Experience with supporting multiple distributed sites from a central location.
- Firewall / Security experience, ideally in governing how external vendors comply with our internal Security policies
- Extensive experience of Routing Protocols incl. EIGRP & OSPF
- In depth knowledge of Ethernet/L2 switching
- Hands on recent experience of Cisco 3560, 3750, 4948â€™s 6509 & Nexus series (1K, 5K & 7K) switches
- Solid understanding of load balancing technologies preferably Brocade VTM
- Any experience with Microsoft Azure networking / Cloud Solutions would be advantageous
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service.
- Up to 7% annual profit bonus.
- Onsite Gym - Provident have joined with Nuffield Health. Weekly classes are held throughout the day and pre 09:00 and post 17:00, you can attend anything from Spinning to Pilates to Boxercise. There is also an onsite Physio who members can schedule appointments with.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion EDI
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard NES. The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.