Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provides a portfolio of products designed to meet the particular needs of those who want credit products, however are unable to obtain them through mainstream products and services. The group is made up of Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Vanquis Bank and Moneybarn.
Provident is currently undergoing large transformational change within the Consumer Credit section of the business. Now is an exciting time to be part of the Tech & Change function as we mould the future of the business and more importantly how we continue to keep our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are very excited about our future and the road map ahead of us.
In this role you will lead the day to day line, resource and service management activities for the designated Operations Delivery team, whilst also acting as a Technical SME and mentor for the team.
With a focus on delivering Service at the core of our ethos, the Network Operations Team Leader will drive high-quality work and performance standards within the team, in line with key performance indicators and organisational performance requirements.
Working as part of the Operations Delivery leadership team, the role holder must shape and improve their area of responsibility, and assist in defining the strategic and tactical direction of the Operations Delivery function and alignment with the rest of IT.
The role has split responsibility across people management / leadership, and technical operational duties and as such will be approximately 50% hands-on.
- Line Management responsibilities for a subset of the 'œOperations Delivery pool' resources.
- Maintain service operation and provide a consistent and effective function line of business (network operations) within agreed SLA's at department and business level.
- Follow agreed Departmental ITL processes to implement and promote efficient and effective Incident, Change, Problem, Event, Performance, Capacity and Release Management.
- Manage root cause analysis tasks and service improvement initiatives, with a pro-active approach, to help formulate long term solutions around consistent documentation and best practice.
- Act as an escalation and point of contact for all service delivery impacting issues and faults to production services.
- Contribute to the department approach and strategy for business continuity & disaster recovery of production network infrastructure.
- Establish and maintain key relationships with stakeholders within Provident (IT, Head Office and Field)
- 3rd Party/Vendor Management in conjunction with the Service Delivery and Vendor management teams
- Identify and record relevant risks and issues affecting network operations.
- The responsibility of the Network Operations Team is to manage and maintain core Networks and/or voice communications and supported infrastructure systems and services critical to the running of the Provident core business and customers.
- The role encompasses local support duties; Data centre support, and support of the companies national branch systems and associated network provisioning.
- As well as delivering effective technical resolution to core service faults and platform faults in the form of Break/Fix actions, and Root Cause analysis, the Specialist is also expected to be involved in service continuity, and improvement tasks, and to deliver assistance in the introduction of new solutions and platforms as a production service.
- Provide core services support and maintenance of mission critical network, communications and voice platforms for our internal customers.
- Ownership and accountability for technical and support tasks assigned to you as an individual. From initial request through to conclusion.
- Engage and maintain effective root cause analysis for appropriate incident and problem cases, making and documenting recommendations and solutions.
- Have an ability to prioritise different types of incidents and service impacting faults in accordance with the associated impact on production services.
- Actively record, report and raise incidents and problem tickets where applicable when issues and faults are identified as part of daily checks and active monitoring.
You have have experience in most the following areas:
- Ideally from a third line support background in Networking Services.
- Experience with supporting multiple distributed sites from a central location.
- Firewall experience for both troubleshooting and changes preferably cisco ASA/Dell firewalls
- Extensive experience of Routing Protocols incl. EIGRP & OSPF
- In depth knowledge of Ethernet/L2 switching
- Hands on recent experience of Cisco 3560, 3750, 4948â€™s 6509 & Nexus series (1K, 5K & 7K) switches
- Solid understanding of load balancing technologies preferably Brocade VTM
- Where applicable for a Voice/Comms disciplined role expectations are present for specialist knowledge of Genesys, Avaya, Verint and Speechstorm technologies employed by Provident to fulfil business trading.
- Working knowledge of wireless cisco technologies i.e. Cisco 5500 Series
- Load balancing technology qualification/experience
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service.
- Up to 7% annual profit bonus.
- Onsite Gym - Provident have joined with Nuffield Health. Weekly classes are held throughout the day and pre 09:00 and post 17:00, you can attend anything from Spinning to Pilates to Boxercise. There is also an onsite Physio who members can schedule appointments with.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion EDI
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard NES. The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.