An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Web Developer to work at our head office in Bradford. Here you will provide strong front-end web development skills and commercial software development experience to the Provident Online Delivery team.
Role responsibilities will include:
- To provide technical expertise for the implementation of Web front-end / User Experience-focused software changes and development of new capabilities.
- Provide strong creative UX / UI design skills
- Conform to technical quality and governance processes
Branch / Merge Strategy
Unit Test Approach
- Support investigation and diagnostic capability for defects and issues as and when required and engage in issue resolution where appropriate
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 3 years or more developing enterprise scale e-Commerce / online applications with a particular emphasis on front end development and User Experience
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of MVC principles
- Umbraco CMS (experience of a CMS is important)
- Experience of architecture and design patterns
- Sound understanding of Continuous Integration and Unit Testing, ideally within a TFS / Visual Studio development environment
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, project delivery environment with regular releases to a live environment
- Exposure to working in an agile environment would be a significant benefit
- Excellent written and verbal comms
- Able to work under own initiative, with minimal supervision
- Rigorous attention to detail
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but itâ€™s not the only one. Weâ€™ll invest in your development â€“ giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. And, working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, youâ€™ll find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, weâ€™ll give you a package including pension and bonus schemes, and a whole range of other benefits besides.