As the friendly face of finance and loans, we're proud to have made millions of lives better for over 130 years by lending manageable amounts of money with simple, transparent weekly repayment plans to our customers.
Join us at Provident and you'll carry on this honourable tradition. All you need to bring are the same qualities that have served us so well since 1880: honesty, trust, understanding and a work ethic to match your ambition.
We have a responsible approach to lending and this enables us to remain sound and profitable, but best of all it provides us a foundation, to create and develop new products for our market that continue to support and help our customers satisfy their own needs.
We are looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Developer to design and develop business intelligence solutions. Taking a central role in new and exciting projects; you will monitor, maintain and troubleshoot existing BI solutions. This is an excellent opportunity to join our growing BI team.
Your main responsibilities will include
- Supporting the business by addressing bespoke data requirements
- Completing training as required to satisfy regulatory requirements and maintain proficiency with any tools and techniques required to perform the job
- Performing thorough unit testing of own work
- Participating in peer review within the BI team
- Supporting formal testing activities
- Regularly reporting progress to BI Manager and any appropriate technical leads and Project Managers
- Working with business stakeholders to ensure that requirements are fully understood and the final solution is fit for purpose
- Using requirements to produce detailed solution designs
- Producing appropriate user and support documentation
- Performing stakeholder training in relation to BI solutions
- Supporting IT operations in all deployments and support activities
- Adhering to all standards as agreed by the BI and DBA teams
The successful candidate
- Strong Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, and SSIS skills - preferably some experience of SQL Server 2016
- Strong database and ETL design knowledge
- Experience of working in Data Warehousing/BI projects
- Experience working with large datasets
- Good understanding of unit testing
- Experience of report development using SSRS or Power BI
- Working closely with testers and business / Product owners
- Experience of developing within Team Foundation Server environment
- Experience working within Financial Services Sector
- Experience in iterative/agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP, RUP etc)
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure
- Experience of SSAS and developing cubes for reporting purposes