The purpose of the role is to take responsibility for managing projects through Early Life Support, ensuring new or changed services are delivered into BAU with no service impact and to minimise risk and eliminating disruption to the business arising from a new or changed service being implemented.
- You will work within the Service Introduction Team to help facilitate the successful transition of service ownership from project delivery to IT Operations and Service Management.
- Be responsible for the successful transition of new or revised services lines into Service Run through Early Life Support.
- Responsible for managing project delivery through Early Life Support, ensuring Entry and Exit criteria are met.
- Co-ordination of Operational Acceptance Criteria through the transition phase, ensuring that all criteria has been met.
- Manage small scale system and service changes through the Service Transition governance framework.
- To build upon the close relationships already in place with service management and operational teams to promote the use of Early Life Support.
- To support the Service Design & Transition Managers in order to clarify and define transition projects, ensuring they are delivered to the required quality and timescale.
- Responsible for working closely with Service Design and Transition to build knowledge and experience of the end-to-end Transition Process.
- Work closely with the Service Design & Transition Managers throughout the Transition lifecycle, ensuring any service related issues associated with the introduction of the service in Early Life Support are dealt with until formal handover to the Service Delivery team & IT Ops has been completed.
- Management of Incident and Defects during Early Life Support.
- Clear understanding of change management process.
- Be involved with internal and external audits where appropriate.
Experience and Capability
- Understanding of Service Transition tools/techniques, Service Transition Framework and of Incident, Defect & Change Management.
- Understanding of technical infrastructures.
- Ability to communicate with personnel at all levels of the business.
Good understanding of Excel and Remedyforce.
- ITIL Foundation
- ITIL Intermediate qualifications
- ITIL Expert