We've been finding a better way for over 130 years.
Now it's your turn...
Part of a FTSE 250 financial group who have been in Bradford since 1880, we exist to help people. We are a trusted and ethical lender '“ lending to our customers face to face, and making sure the loans we offer are manageable, understandable, and exactly right for them. It is this personal, responsible approach that really makes us different. And, joining our team, you will be a big part of this.
About the role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Portfolio Office Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the Portfolio Office for the Consumer Credit Division by ensuring robust and fit for purpose governance is in place, reporting on delivery effectiveness and to continually improve the Change Delivery Framework.
- Lead, engage and motivate the Portfolio Office team to deliver business objectives
- Build capability of team by supporting and coaching through effective performance management practices
- Effectively communicate with Head of Function to provide feedback on potential succession plans and team performance
- Manage day to day activity and delegate workload so that it is distributed appropriately
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience as a Portfolio or Programme Office Manager who has worked in similar fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels in an organisation
- Ability to influence and challenge constructively, particularly at Programme Manager and Head of Function level
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor a team & delegate tasks
- Able to work under own initiative, with minimal supervision
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Experience in building and implementing governance & lifecycle methodologies
- Experienced in assuring governance & standards in a PMO, including Stage Gates
- Experience in managing E2E change, budgets and benefits realisation.
- Experience in providing management reporting around a large Portfolio of projects.
- Experience using planning & resourcing tools/processes
- Agile methodology experience and fit with PMO
- Understand the requirements of an FCA regulated business
- Programme & Project management experience including standards and methodologies
- Experience Business Risk/Issue Management
- Financial industry background
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development â€“ giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. And, working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, weâ€™ll give you a package including pension and bonus schemes, and a whole range of other benefits besides.