Now it's your turn'¦
Part of a FTSE 250 financial group who've been in Bradford since 1880, we exist to help people when others refuse. We are a trusted and ethical lender '“ lending to our customers online, and making sure the loans we offer are manageable, understandable, and exactly right for them. It's this personal, responsible approach that really makes us different. And, joining our team, you will be a big part of this.
About the role
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Junior UX Developer to work at our Head Office in Bradford. Here you will be tasked with thinking of ways to improve our digital user experience and get these improvements into the hands of our users as quickly as possible.
Role responsibilities include:
- Work with the UX team to assess existing sites/properties for usefulness, usability, visual design, content, and branding
- Participate in leading design/user testing sessions, and identify and document meaningful patterns
- Prepare, conduct, and analyse behavioural in-context research events
- Analyse, and organise research data into meaningful themes, categories, and visually compelling frameworks and behavioural models
- Identify opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience based on user research, and organise opportunities into visually compelling matrices or maps
- Execute participatory requirements gathering sessions and participate in debrief sessions and create feature lists from sessions.
- Develop personas/segmentations based on research findings (with guidance and oversight).
- Create engaging scenarios and develop frameworks describing key aspects of a proposed experience, and how it reconciles business and user needs.
- Create visually compelling representations of the solution's high-level interaction, navigation, and organisation design (i.e., concept models, prototypes).
- Develop visual representations of the organisational structure, hierarchy, and relationships of screens in a site (i.e., site maps) as well as the interactions between the user and the functional modules in the solution (with guidance and oversight).
- Develop screen details (i.e. wireframes) depicting all elements on a unique screen type, including the content, functional, and navigation specifications (with guidance and oversight).
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- You get things done. You can swiftly turn an ideas into a reality. That means youâ€™re comfortable with UX methods and prototyping and youâ€™re eager to learn.
- You break the rules. You know that every product is unique and the role that UX plays. You know the best ideas donâ€™t always come from books or blogs; they come from putting yourself in our usersâ€™ shoes and taking inspiration wherever you can find it.
- You thrive on feedback. You donâ€™t just come up with great ideas, you test them, and you respect that data that comes back from our users. Sometimes they will respond positively to your change and sometimes they wonâ€™t, but you wonâ€™t be discouraged. Youâ€™ll use the wealth of data available at your fingertips to understand user behaviour and find the next best idea.
- You are a team player. You work not just to advance your own skills or ideas, but also to help the team and the business
- Succeed. This means being open to feedback from others and giving it in return. It also means recognising that the best ideas might not always be your own.
- 2:1 Degree
- 5 GCSEâ€™s (A-C)
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development â€“ giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. And, working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including pension and bonus schemes, and a whole range of other benefits besides.