Part of a FTSE250 financial group who have been in Bradford since 1880, we exist to help people when others won't. We're a trusted and ethical lender '“ lending to our customers face to face, and making sure the loans we offer are manageable, understandable, and exactly right for them. It's this personal, responsible approach that really makes us different.
The purpose of this role is to work directly with technical delivery teams/squads to ensure that they can deliver as efficiently as possible.
- Agent of change across one to two technical delivery squads of up to 8 developers / testers
- Responsible for the facilitation of all agile ceremonies '“ daily scrum / stand-up, sprint planning, retrospective and sprint review
- Forecasting of deliverables across delivery sprint cycles
- Estimation and planning of technical deliverables across sprint iterations
- Coaching in agile practices and ideas/concepts for continual improvement
- Help the delivery squad to define and achieve sprint goals/objectives
- Ensure the correct use and application of the scrum process
- Tracking and removing of impediments to delivery
- Assess the impact of proposed business changes on existing systems functionality and suggest potential solutions
- Servant first to the delivery team before considering their own role
- Close work with Product Owner(s) to ensure product backlogs are in shape to deliver features into sprint backlogs
- Scrum methodology and agile frameworks â€“ XP, Kanban, etc.
- Coaching and mentoring of technical delivery teams.
- Friendly and communicative across delivery teams and stakeholders.
- Agile techniques â€“ User Stories, Continuous Integration, BDD/TDD, Pairing, Automated Testing.
- 3+ years experience in an agile delivery team.
- Logical and methodical approach.
- Metrics in sprint delivery â€“ burndown / burnup, incremental delivery, story points.
- Financial Services exposure.
- Degree in an IT related subject.
- Development and/or testing experience.
- Relevant ISEB qualification.