Part of a FTSE250 financial group who have been in Bradford since 1880, we exist to help people when others will not. We are a trusted and ethical lender, lending to our customers face to face and making sure the loans we offer are manageable, understandable and exactly right for them. It is this personal, responsible approach that really makes us different.
The role of the Business Intelligence Data Architect is to ensure that all business initiatives that require IT involvement are approached from a strategic perspective and aligned to the overall IT strategy. The Business Intelligence Data Architect acts as the design authority for all changes and projects with regard to the Business Intelligence aspects of the solutions, and must be the technical subject matter expert and technical authority on all aspects of the organisations existing and potential Business Intelligence technology and process choices. Contribute to and own the strategic Business Intelligence Architecture and Roadmaps. Underwrite the Business Intelligence architecture to support delivery of business initiatives and projects.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Significant experience within a data architecture specialisation.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate technical considerations to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to influence and challenge constructively, particularly at BDA, CTO & Head of Function level.
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor.
- Excellent understanding of logical and physical data modelling and design.
- Excellent understanding of database technologies, ETL technologies and data security regulations.
- Understanding of the use and application of data design in both B.I. and Operational environments.
- Understanding and experience of Master Data Management.
- Data modelling, relational database design, data quality and master data management experience.
- Data integration technologies (XML, JSON and web services).
- Data warehousing / BI Architecture experience.
- Development of strategy and roadmaps involving multiple stakeholders for the data architecture domain.
- Up to date knowledge of current and future technology trends which may be beneficial to the organisation.
- Understand the requirements of an FCA regulated business.
- Understand the requirements of EUGDPR.
- Development of strategy and roadmaps involving multiple stakeholders for the technology architecture domain.
- Experience of working of the Microsoft BI stack, structured vendor/solution selection process and large scale data migration projects.
- Experience analysing requirements and how they impact the data environment.
- Strong project leadership and management skills.
- Financial Service Experience and familiar with the requirements of an FCA regulated business.
- Experience of Data Virtualisation and other similar technologies.
- Familiarity and Understanding of the other Architecture domains (Application, Technology and Business).
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Data Management Qualification.
- TOGAF practitioner certification.
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
25 days annual leave increasing with service.
Up to 10% annual profit bonus.
Plus pension and a whole range of other benefits besides.
Company Car/ Car allowance