Part of a FTSE250 financial group who have been in Bradford since 1880, we exist to help people when others won't. We are a trusted and ethical lender lending to our customers face to face, and making sure the loans we offer are manageable, understandable, and exactly right for them. It is this personal, responsible approach that really makes us different.
About the Role
In this role you will provide an experienced software development capability to deliver high quality software solutions to our online customers through the Online Delivery function.
- Analyse the high-level business requirements to identify functional requirements.
- Close working and pairing with the development and testing teams, providing full stack development skills as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that code is delivered to quality standards and conforms to architectural design patterns.
- Assess the impact of proposed business changes on existing systems functionality and suggest potential solutions.
- Contribute towards the estimating process.
- Provide day-to-day applications expertise to stakeholders and delivery teams, including software development activities.
- Be an example of a self-manager in day to day activity whilst also providing support and coaching to ensure workload is distributed appropriately throughout the team.
- Contribute to post project analysis reviews.
- To aid 3rd line support when required in order to resolve issues.
- To provide build scripts and packages for deployment across all environments.
- To provide peer code reviews.
- To identify and champion process improvements across the team.
- To be a mentor and coach to other colleagues.
- To build appropriate and effective business relationships.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience developing enterprise scale C# .Net applications (MVC4.5).
- Full stack development exposure using MS.NET.
- Demonstrable front-end development skills:
- CSS / HTML 5
- Content Management Systems
- Sound understanding of Continuous Integration and Unit Testing, ideally within a VSTS / Azure environment.
- Automated test framework exposure.
- Confident with upskilling peers via workshops and one-to-one sessions.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, agile delivery environment with regular releases to a live environment.
- Able to work under own initiative, with minimal supervision.
- Takes an active interest in staying current with the Microsoft stack.
- Worked as part of a scrum team with an eye for adding value and detail where needed.
- TDD or BDD.
- Mobile development skills (iOS Objective C, Android Java, Xamarin).
- Test automation tooling such as Specflow (Cucumber) and Selenium.
- Experience of working with Continuous Delivery processes and methodologies.
- Previous exposure to a DevOps style working environment.
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
25 days annual leave increasing with service.
Up to 7% annual profit bonus.
Plus pension and a whole range of other benefits besides.