About the Role
In this role you will be the design authority for applications and systems across Home Credit (HC). You will bring together Mobile, traditional and any future systems design and have overall responsibility for the physical design of all HC software platforms and application strategy. In addition, roughly 50% of this role will consist of hands on coding.
Leading our People
- Responsible for ensuring colleagues have a clear understanding of the business objectives and how their role contributes to them.
- Lead, engage and motivate the Delivery team to deliver business objectives.
- Work with Delivery Managers to foster a spirit of collaboration and innovation in the delivery team.
- Leverage your technical expertise to identify best practise in tooling and process, and advise decision makers on their adoption across our Consumer Credit Division.
- Advise Decision Makers on the alignment of business strategy with digital/technical advancements and trends.
- Assess the impact of proposed business changes on existing systems functionality and suggest potential solutions
Doing the Right Thing for our Customers
- Ensure systems are secure, compliant and accurate by design.
- Responsible for the delivery of team objectives.
- Ensure work is delivered in line with SLAs and agreed targets.
- Analyse the high-level business requirements to identify functional requirements.
- Provides operational and specialist insight to drive continuous improvement.
- Identify risks and provide proposals for potential solutions, balancing risk with business needs.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Significant previous experience as a Developer who has worked within the IT function or similar environment with demonstrable experience of multiple forms of software development.
- Strong commercial experience of multiple aspects of the Software development lifecycles.
- Translation of business requirements into technical tasks, logically grouped for optimal efficiency in development/delivery.
- Supporting live deployments
- Supporting release deliveries in warranty period and S&M phases
- Working in Agile software delivery methodologies
- Experience of Agile delivery tools like VSTS, Jira, VersionOne etc.
- Architecture experience (solution delivery and IT infrastructure)
- Relevant technical development skills: SOA, .NET (full stack)
- Advanced problem solving skills â€“ knowledge and experience to resolve complex problems where precedent may not exist.
- Demonstrable recent experience of adopting emerging technologies to drive efficiencies and/or innovation in a commercial environment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels in an organisation, including the ability to influence more senior colleagues.
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor a team and able to delegate responsibility.
- Understand the requirements of an FCA regulated business.
- IT Security and infrastructure.
- Architecture experience (solution delivery and IT infrastructure).
- Delivery management experience.
- Experience of mobile development (iOS/Android/Xamarin).
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
Up to 10% annual profit bonus.
Plus pension and a whole range of other benefits besides.
Company Car/ Car allowance