Part of a FTSE250 financial group who have been in Bradford since 1880, we exist to help people when others will not. We are a trusted and ethical lender, lending to our customers face to face and making sure the loans we offer are manageable, understandable and exactly right for them. It is this personal, responsible approach that really makes us different.
To administer and assure the availability of mission critical databases for the user base by owning and managing Incidents, Problems and Changes assigned to the team to identify and resolve application software and database faults. As part of this process and that of continual service improvement, develop and implement solutions and minor enhancements. Additionally this role involves Release management and transition of new service into live in a controlled manner.
Problem Management (35%)
- Own and manage the resolution of Problems assigned to team and own queue, adhering to the Database Applications Services processes.
- Develop, document and maintain support processes, procedures and solutions.
- Assist and support other areas of the business to meet business demands.
- Implement and embrace new processes as defined by Governance.
- Develop and transition 1st line activity including first time fixes into Service Desk and 1st line teams.
- Own and resolve Incidents assigned to team and own queue, adhering to the Database Applications Services processes.
- There will be the opportunity to cover 24/7 shift patterns as per the company policy and procedures.
- Own and oversee implementation of Changes assigned to team and own queue, adhering to the Database Applications Services processes.
- Work with other teams within IT to release and implement new release into the live environment.
- Take responsibility for Operational Acceptance Testing of releases assigned to team and own queue, adhering to the Database Applications Services processes.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong T-SQL scripting skills.
- Good understanding of Relational Database Management Systems.
- Developing and Administration of Microsoft SQL Server Databases.
- SSRS and SSIS development and deployment skills.
- Understanding of Powershell.
- General knowledge of networking, storage, software installation and management, and Microsoft Windows Server operating systems.
- Experience of working in an IT service support environment.
- Experience of Service Management tools that incorporate Incident, Problem, Change Management Processes.
- MCSA 70-461 Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- MCSA 70-462 Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
- MCSA 70-463 Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL server 2012
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) to at least foundation level.
- MCSE 70-464 Developing Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
- MCSE 70-465 Designing Database Solutions for SQL Server 2012
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
25 days annual leave increasing with service.
Up to 7% annual profit bonus.
Plus pension and a whole range of other benefits besides.
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard NES. The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.