About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Developer to design and develop business intelligence solutions. Taking a central role in new and exciting projects; you will monitor, maintain and troubleshoot existing BI solutions. This is an excellent opportunity to join our growing BI team.
- Supporting the business by addressing bespoke data requirements.
- Completing training as required to satisfy regulatory requirements and maintain proficiency with any tools and techniques required to perform the job.
- Performing thorough unit testing of own work.
- Participating in peer review within the BI team.
- Supporting formal testing activities.
- Regularly reporting progress to BI Manager and any appropriate technical leads and Project Managers.
- Working with business stakeholders to ensure that requirements are fully understood and the final solution is fit for purpose.
- Using requirements to produce detailed solution designs.
- Producing appropriate user and support documentation.
- Performing stakeholder training in relation to BI solutions.
- Supporting IT operations in all deployments and support activities.
- Adhering to all standards as agreed by the BI and DBA teams.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, and SSIS skills - preferably some experience of SQL Server 2016.
- Strong database and ETL design knowledge.
- Experience of working in Data Warehousing/BI projects.
- Experience of working with large datasets.
- Good understanding of unit testing.
- Experience of report development using SSRS or Power BI.
- Working closely with testers and business / Product owners.
- Experience of developing within Team Foundation Server environment.
- Experience of working within Financial Services Sector.
- Experience in iterative/agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP, RUP etc).
- Experience of working with Microsoft Azure.
- Experience of SSAS and developing cubes for reporting purposes.
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
Up to 7% annual profit bonus.
Plus pension and a whole range of other benefits besides.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion EDI
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard NES. The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.