We've been finding a better way for over 130 years.
Now it's your turn.
Part of a FTSE 250 financial group who have been in Bradford since 1880, we exist to help people when others refuse. We are a trusted and ethical lender '“ lending to our customers, and making sure the loans we offer are manageable, understandable, and exactly right for them. It is this personal, responsible approach that really makes us different. And, joining our team, you will be a big part of this.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Compliance Monitoring Manager at our head office in Bradford. You will provide assurance of 1st Line controls by overseeing completion of regular Compliance Monitoring reviews and deliver high quality reports to the Compliance Management team.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for ensuring Compliance Monitoring Officers have a clear understanding of the business objectives and how their role contributes to them
- Lead, engage and motivate the Compliance Monitoring team to deliver business objectives
- Assist Compliance Monitoring Officers in scoping, defining a testing approach and reporting on Compliance Monitoring reviews
- Review all draft Compliance Monitoring review Terms of Reference and reports prior to circulation the Senior Compliance Monitoring Manager.
- Undertake suitable level of Quality Assurance re-performance of the work undertaken by Compliance Monitoring Officers on all Monitoring reviews, in line with the minimum amount defined in the Monitoring methodology.
- Build capability of team by supporting and coaching through effective performance management practices and identification of development areas
- Effectively communicate with Senior Compliance Monitoring Manager and Head of Compliance Oversight to provide feedback on potential succession plans and team performance
- Manage day to day activity and delegate workload to Compliance Monitoring Officers so that it is distributed appropriately
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- In depth knowledge of all relevant FCA Handbooks (i.e. CONC, SYSC, PRIN, DISP, GEN)
- In depth understanding of FCA expectations and interpretation on treating customers fairly and conduct risk
- Experience of compliance in financial services
- Experience of designing and conducting control monitoring or Quality Assurance
- Able to deliver high quality, accurate work to deadlines, and manage others to ensure they deliver equally
- Able to communicate effectively to gain the support of management through reasoned argument and effective decision making
- Ability to influence and challenge constructively, particularly at Head of Function level
- Able to assign work fairly and appropriately
- Experience of consumer credit
- Degree level or relevant business/professional qualification
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development â€“ giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. And, working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including pension and bonus schemes, and a whole range of other benefits besides.