Part of a FTSE 250 financial group who have been in Bradford since 1880, we exist to help people when others refuse. We are a trusted and ethical lender '“ making sure the loans we offer are manageable, understandable, and exactly right for our customers. It is this personal, responsible approach that really makes us different. And, joining our team, you will be a big part of this.
We have a unique opportunity for an experienced Senior Compliance Monitoring Officer to join our Bradford Head Office. You will provide assurance of 1st Line controls by completing monitoring reviews in line with the annual Compliance Monitoring Plan and challenge the business to deliver good customer outcomes.
- Plan and conduct Compliance Monitoring reviews of the first line of defence to provide assurance of key control effectiveness and adherence to group policies, procedures and relevant FCA regulations.
- Produce and define the scope of a Compliance Monitoring Review based on the review rationale as detailed in the Compliance Monitoring Plan
- Support and challenge the business in the development of regulatory procedures by identifying areas of weakness and making suggestions for improvement
- Provide sign off on Records of Input and Root Cause Analysis produced by Compliance Monitoring Officer during planning phases of review cycle.
- Check Test Plans produced by Compliance Monitoring Officer for inconsistencies or additional testing.
- Ensure that issues identified from risk-based internal monitoring activities are the subject of agreed action plans with relevant business management.
- Assist the Compliance Management team in the development of the annual compliance plan; providing ideas and undertaking research of key topics.
- Identify where the business is not effectively monitoring against policies, procedures and controls and respond suitably and punctually to the risks of not meeting those requirements.
Alongside the core values that Provident look for in all employees, we expect you to have knowledge and understanding of UK regulatory regime and handbooks, previous Compliance Monitoring, Internal Audit or Quality Assurance experience within a Financial Services business, and strong stakeholder skills.
You will have strong attention to detail, particularly for reading new regulation/guidance, and the ability to realistically and effectively assess the risk posed by issues identified
If you are interested in applying for the role please do so via the link provided. Should you wish to speak with a contact in Talent Acquisition for more information, contact Dominic.email@example.com