Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provides a portfolio of products designed to meet the particular needs of those who want credit products, however are unable to obtain them through mainstream products and services. The group is made up of Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Vanquis Bank, Cheque Exchange and Moneybarn.
Provident is currently undergoing large transformational change within the Consumer Credit section of the business. Now is an exciting time to be part of the Tech & Change function as we shape the future of the business and more importantly how we continue to keep our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are very excited about our future and the road map ahead of us.
- Working closely with the development and testing teams, providing full stack development skills as needed.
- Contribute to the definition/maintenance of technical quality and governance processes:
- Peer Reviews
- Estimation process
- Branch / Merge Strategy
- Unit Test Approach
- Active documentation
- Support investigation and diagnostic capability for defects and issues as and when required and engage in issue resolution where appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring that code is delivered to quality standards and conforms to architectural design patterns.
- Assess the impact of proposed business changes on existing systems functionality and suggest potential solutions.
- Provide day-to-day applications expertise to stakeholders and delivery teams, including software development activities.
- Contribute to SCRUM ceremonies.
- To aid 3rd line support when required in order to resolve issues.
- To provide build scripts and packages for deployment across all environments.
- To identify and help develop process improvements across the team.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Previous experience developing enterprise scale C# .Net applications (MVC4.5).
- Full stack development exposure using .NET.
- Experience designing, and developing APIs (WCF, RESTful).
- Understanding of various data formats e.g. JSON, XML.
- Good understanding of database technologies and querying e.g. MS SQL, No SQL databases etc.
- Awareness of techniques to write secure code.
- Sound understanding of Continuous Integration and Unit Testing, ideally within a VSTS / Azure environment.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, agile delivery environment with regular releases to a live environment.
- Able to work under own initiative, with minimal supervision.
- Takes an active interest in staying current with the Microsoft stack.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Worked as part of a scrum team with an eye for adding value and detail where needed.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- Automated test framework exposure.
- Experience of TDD or BDD.
- iOS Mobile development skills
- Test automation tooling such as Specflow (Cucumber) and Selenium.
- Experience of working with Continuous Delivery processes and methodologies.
- Previous exposure to a devops style working environment.
- Understand the requirements of an FCA regulated business.
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service.
- Up to 7% annual profit bonus.
- Subsidised onsite restaurant.
- Onsite Gym - Provident have joined with Nuffield Health. Weekly classes are held throughout the day and pre 09:00 and post 17:00, you can attend anything from Spinning to Pilates to Boxercise. There is also an onsite Physio who members can schedule appointments with.
Plus pension and a whole range of other benefits besides.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion EDI
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard NES. The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.