Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of products designed to meet the particular needs of those who want credit products, however are unable to obtain them through mainstream products and services. The group is made up of Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Vanquis Bank, Cheque Exchange and Moneybarn.
Provident is currently undergoing significant transformational change within the Consumer Credit section of the business. Now is an exciting time to be part of the Tech & Change function as we shape the future of the business and more importantly how we continue to keep our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are very excited about our future and the road map ahead of us.
About the Role
In this role you will support, develop and continually improve the organisation's security infrastructure protection processes. You will focus on maintaining operational stability in the face of new security threats, rapid technological change and requests for changes, reconfigurations and reporting requirements for compliance.
You will own and take responsibility for security incidents, changes and problems from inception to resolution, identifying and resolving issues and focusing on quality customer service throughout. You will support the delivery of projects, infrastructure and operational improvements and manage your own time effectively to tackle multiple activities simultaneously to deliver consistent high-quality.
- Manage/mitigate security risk and cyber security risks to the business.
- Anomaly detection and fraud prevention by means of log monitoring and other technical security controls
- Provide expert technical security guidance to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Configuration and monitoring of security technologies including Anti-Virus, Email and Web filtering, Security Incident Event Monitoring system (SIEM).
- Management and coordination of Vulnerability and Penetration testing including any remediation activities.
- Support new solutions, processes and technologies to mitigate emerging risk.
Essential Skills and Experience
- In-depth understanding of Microsoft Operating Systems and core technologies.
- Expert knowledge of security technologies including Anti-Virus, Event Management and Correlation, web filtering, email filtering.
- Understanding of Security MI and reporting requirements.
- Experience of incident, problem, change and release processes.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have an analytical, trouble-shooting mind set with a problem-solving personality.
- Experience of working within and FCA regulated company.
- One of the following CISM ,CISSP, CISA, Security+ CSSP, SSCP
- MCSE or equivalent qualification
- Network qualification
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service.
- Up to 7% annual profit bonus.
- Onsite Gym - Provident have joined with Nuffield Health. Weekly classes are held throughout the day and pre 09:00 and post 17:00, you can attend anything from Spinning to Pilates to Boxercise. There is also an onsite Physio who members can schedule appointments with.
Plus pension and a whole range of other benefits besides.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion EDI
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard NES. The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.