We have an exciting graduate opportunity within our high profile Group Corporate Finance & Business Development team for a Corporate Finance & Business Development Analyst. The team work across all three of the Group's divisions, providing an opportunity to build knowledge and experience of motor finance, consumer credit and credit cards (via the Bank), as well as other exciting new Group initiatives. Having an analytical mind-set is essential, as is the ability to problem solve and build good relationships with individuals at all levels across the business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone ambitious to join a great team who are passionate about our business and the decisions we make on a day to day basis. The analysis performed by the team forms the basis of many of the strategic decisions made across the Group.
About the role:
Reporting into the Corporate Finance & Business Development Manager, you will provide strategic, market and competitor insights and business planning support to enable the business to deliver exceptional and sustainable products, propositions and initiatives to the markets and customers it serves.
The Corporate Finance & Business Development Analyst will explore our competitors in detail looking at financial results, marketing activity, product and pricing changes and how others are positioned in this ever-changing market. You will also work closely with internal stakeholders to understand the impact of political & economic activity and deliver analysis and insights to senior management.
- GCSE Grade B (or equivalent) in Maths & English
- University Degree at 2:1 or above (or equivalent) is essential, ideally in a numerate subject
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to undertake research and perform analysis with a degree of independence
- Ability to build good working relationships with stakeholders and to stakeholder manage
- Ability to effectively plan and organise workload and prioritise activities
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Previous experience of market, competitor, economics and financial analysis (desirable, but not essential)
We ask a lot from our colleagues. But we like to reward them well for what they give to our business. So, in addition to our competitive salaries and excellent development programmes, you will receive a few extra rewards to make life better all round:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Bonus scheme
- SAYE & BAYE schemes
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Encouraging and fun working culture
- Onsite Nuffield Health Gym available
- Subsidised staff restaurant
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.