Provident is currently undergoing significant transformational change within the Consumer Credit section of the business. Now is an exciting time to be part of the Tech & Change function as we shape the future of the business and more importantly how we continue to keep our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are very excited about our future and the road map ahead of us.
About the Role
In this role you will manage and develop the provision of a customer centric IT Service Desk to the business, driving a culture of service excellence.
You will recruit, engage and motivate the Service Desk team, promoting a best practice environment by growing the knowledge base of the team and closely monitoring performance and personal development. You will own, manage, develop and continually improve key Service Desk processes and controls. Key to this role will be developing KPIs and metrics to measure and drive service performance with regular reporting into the senior management team.
Leading our People
- Responsible for ensuring IT Service Desk colleagues have a clear understanding of the business objectives and how their role contributes to them.
- Lead, engage and motivate the IT Service Desk colleagues to deliver business objectives and service excellence.
- Build capability of team by supporting and coaching through effective performance management practices.
- Effectively communicate with Head of Function to provide feedback on potential succession plans and team performance.
- Manage day to day activity and delegate workload so that it is distributed appropriately.
- Ensure the right people are in the right roles and that skills are being utilised effectively.
- Create and drive a culture of high-quality service and exceptional customer experience, ensuring customers are updated on incident/ticket progress regularly.
- Responsible for the delivery of team objectives in line with SLAs and agreed targets .
- Responsible for managing costs within budget parameters.
- Further develop KPI's and metrics to help measure and drive service performance
- Provide regular reporting on service performance to the Senior Management team.
- Ensure business policy and processes reflect current practices and provide operational and specialist insight to drive continuous improvement.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as an IT Service Desk Manager who has worked within the an IT or Service Support function or similar environments
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels in an organisation
- Ability to influence and challenge constructively, particularly at Head of Function level
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor a team
- Able to work under own initiative, with minimal supervision and delegate responsibility.
- Rigorous attention to detail and strong customer service skills.
- Understand the requirements of an FCA regulated business.
- Experience of report production.
- Related degree / qualification
- Service Desk Manager qualification (SDI)
- ITIL Intermediate
- ITIL Expert
- Project Management experience
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service.
- Up to 10% annual profit bonus.
- Company Car/ Car Allowance
- Onsite subsidised restaurant.
- Onsite Gym
- Plus pension and a whole range of other benefits besides.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion EDI
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard NES. The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.