A full-time job based in and around your local community
If you’re a real people-person who doesn’t want to be office-bound, then this could be the ideal role for you.
You’ll be arranging to lend local people manageable sums of money in a way they can afford. You will be meeting new and existing customers, making responsible lending decisions and offering cash loans from £100 to £1000. Every day, you will use your smartphone to follow a schedule driving to and visiting people’s homes either to collect payments or to set up new credit.
You will receive full training in providing excellent customer service and using new technology to make the job simpler, easier and more efficient.
Whether you are enabling a customer to fix their car or to buy a birthday present for their kids, you’ll find great satisfaction from this job.
What type of person are we looking for?
You are a warm and engaging person who enjoys meeting new people in their own homes. You are able to empathize with real-life situations when people find themselves short of money. You are a dependable person who can be relied on to lend customers a helping hand when others won’t. With experience of dealing with customers in person, you have great listening skills, can understand issues quickly and explain solutions clearly and simply.
A driven and self-motivated person, you’ll need basic literacy, numeracy and IT skills and to be able to follow standard processes in your daily work.
Join our responsible Home Credit team
At Provident we pride ourselves on being a responsible lender. So it’s important that we find people with experience of dealing with customers face-to-face, with great listening skills and a friendly personality. We never hassle our customers for payments and we never charge them a penny more than the amount we agreed with them at the start. We are always there to reassure them and give them a helping hand.
So if you’re the kind of person who likes to help people out, this could be the ideal role for you.
- Competitive salary £23,000 / £27,000 – dependent on experience
- Working close to home
- Full training and support from Area Manager
- Good prospects of promotion
- Helping people to make a difference to their everyday lives
- You are 18 years of age or over
- You have the right to work in the UK
- You have no unspent criminal convictions and are not currently the subject of an administration order, count court judgment, bankruptcy, debt relief order, individual voluntary arrangement or debt management plan
- You have full time access to a car and a full UK driving license
- You need to be able to work some evenings and weekends as part of your rota