Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders. The Provident Financial Group is made up of Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Vanquis Bank, Cheque Exchange and Moneybarn.
In this role you will actively support and maintain the end user computing experience by ensuring the successful operation of all end user devices including mobile/desktop device hardware, software builds and installations, the provision and maintenance of user credentials and email services through the effective management of all incidents, service requests, problems and changes logged and resolved/completed in adherence with strict Service Level Agreements (SLA's).
This is a fixed-term, 3 month role.
- Incident, Service Request, Change and Problem Record investigation and resolution in line with SLA and relevant policies.
- Engage and maintain effective root cause analysis for appropriate incident and problem cases, making and documenting recommendations and solutions.
- Have an ability to prioritise different types of incidents and service impacting faults in accordance with the associated impact on end users, customers and production services.
- Assist in your particular areas of technical specialism, and show flexibility to support the wider team as part of a service orientated structure.
- Develop additional skills to assist with incidents and root cause activities within other areas of technical discipline across the team.
- Identify, champion and facilitate transition of appropriate 1st line tasks / service requests / operational monitoring into appropriate 1st line operational teams and Service Desk.
Essential Skills and Experience
You will be a confident individual who has experience within an IT support role, is team oriented and has the ability to remain calm, but assertive in difficult situations.
- Significant relevant work experience.
- Great customer service skills and a demonstrably high level of customer satisfaction.
- Positive and proactive approach to problem resolution.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise and plan workloads.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of root cause analysis and a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Disciplined and analytical approach to complex issues.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- Self-management and organisational skills.
- Exposure to supporting a wide range of systems and solutions but primarily Microsoft based technologies and applications including: Office 365, Exchange/Outlook, Office 16, Windows 7 & 10 and Active Directory.
- Basic networking skills.
- Mobile Device Support including iPhones and iPads.
- Experience in Identifying and troubleshooting both hardware and software issues.
- ITIL V3 Certification or equivalent.
- Experience of Data Centre working would be highly advantageous.
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.