Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders. The Provident Financial Group is made up of Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Vanquis Bank, Cheque Exchange and Moneybarn.
In this hybrid role you will be responsible for the design, development, and automation of data processes that support the credit risk function, including credit risk scorecards, monitoring and bureau data. Additionally you will be responsible for the analysis of data including profiling, identification of trends, and supporting the development and monitoring of credit risk scorecards across all of Provident Financials product lines.
- Gather requirements from colleagues.
- Determine the most appropriate database architecture for a particular process.
- Map out end-to-end processes.
- Write code to develop automated processes.
- Create standardised code for preparing data pipelines.
- Manage reference datasets.
- Test and review test plans created by colleagues.
- Support the development of credit risk scoring and underwriting models across all product lines.
- Analyse data for profiling and trend identification.
- Support the development of next generation tools to reduce scorecard development time without degrading benchmark performance.
- Work with the data team to ensure that data is fit for purpose, is optimised for analytical work and new data sources are integrated.
- Support scorecard monitoring by improving the underlying data structure, running the pack, and interpreting KPIs from monitoring reports to ensure discriminatory power, stability, and accuracy is within tolerance limits.
- Liaise with business stakeholders to understand modelling requirements, and provide direction and oversight on model use.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong specialist knowledge and development expertise in using data management tools such as SSIS, Python, R and other advanced industry standard tools.
- Significant data management and optimisation expertise, covering process design; code development (using languages such as SAS, Python, SQL, or R).
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels in an organisation.
- Ability to influence and challenge constructively.
- Strategic thinker with rigorous attention to detail.
- Experience in working with large data sets.
- Familiar MS Office package.
- Skills and ability to communicate complex analytic results in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure or other cloud based skills.
- Experience as a scorecard Developer who has worked within the Credit Risk function or similar environments.
- Knowledge and experience in scorecard monitoring procedures.
- A Degree in a highly numerate/ analytical subject or equivalent specialist experience.
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service.
- Up to 7% annual profit bonus.
- Onsite Gym - Provident have partnered with Nuffield Health. Weekly classes are held throughout the day and pre 09:00 and post 17:00, you can attend anything from Spinning to Pilates to Boxercise.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion EDI
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard NES. The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.