Established in 1880, Provident Financial Group (PFG) is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market.
Provident delivers non-standard lending through our businesses - Vanquis Bank, Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Cheque Exchange and Moneybarn.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Risk Advisory Manager to join our highly talented Risk team to coach and support first-line (including IT and change) in addressing control deficiencies, maintaining risk registers, and performing control self-assessment.
The ideal candidate will assist in embedding a risk-aware culture and in ensuring that the first line is making informed decisions and acting in accordance with the Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Support and provide advice with regard to implementation of CCD's risk framework.
- Assist the first line in assessing risks to the objectives of business processes, identifying and evaluating controls and taking actions to remediate weaknesses.
- Assist with the implementation and completion of the risk & control self-assessment process (RCSA).
- Support first-line in understanding and adhering to CCD's risk appetite.
- Assist in the design of any risk training / coaching, and provide support where necessary in implementing training
- Provide ad hoc coaching and guidance on risk management concepts and processes.
- Input into business projects in an advisory capacity to help ensure that project risks are identified early, and that control requirements are clearly specified and included as part of delivery.
Knowledge, Experience and Capabilities:
Alongside the core values that Provident look for in all employees, we would expect the following of the ideal candidate:
- Experience in a risk management role.
- Ability to communicate effectively to gain the support of strong-willed individuals through reasoned argument and effective decision making.
- Confidence and resilience with the ability to handle confrontation professionally.
- Experience of working in the financial services industry is desirable, but not essential.
- Experience of risk and control systems is desirable, but not essential.
- Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday Inc. all bank holidays
- Discretionary Employee Bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
Why choose a career with us?
From your first day working with us, we believe in looking after our employees and are dedicated to providing them with a safe, supportive and fair working environment across all areas of the company.
We also like to let our employees know that we appreciate their hard work by offering competitive salaries and a range of reward schemes as well as regular performance management reviews and appraisals so that you can monitor your career progress.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusivity
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard NES. The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.