Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders. The Provident Financial Group is made up of Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Vanquis Bank, Cheque Exchange and Moneybarn.
About the Role
In this role you will manage and maintain core Server and infrastructure systems and services critical to the running of the Provident core business and customers. With a focus on delivering quality Service at the core of our ethos, the Operations Delivery Technical Infrastructure Specialist will maintain a high-quality work ethic and consistent performance standards, in line with key performance indicators and organisational SLA requirements within a service orientated IT structure.
- Provide a 3rd line level of support to core services and maintenance of mission critical infrastructure for our internal customers.
- Ownership and accountability for technical and support tasks assigned to you as an individual. From escalation through to conclusion.
- To be available and willing to work reactively as the situation or fault demands but to work at all times in a proactive frame of mind. Encourage long term fix and solid technical resolutions.
- Provide an excellent level of customer service.
- Potential of providing OOH support cover in accordance with department policy, requirements and conditions.
- Develop, document and maintain support processes for 'œproduction' Storage, Server and Hypervisor platforms and services.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Third line support experience in storage and hypervisor based role preferred.
- Experience and solid working understanding of several of the following technologies; Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (R2), Windows 2012 (R2), Active Directory, Group Policy, ESXi v5 & v6 and associated management tools (Or equivalent Virtualisation/Hypervisor product experience)
- Experience of root cause fault analysis and problem management on Microsoft services based infrastructure
- VMWare VCP, VCPA certification.
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service.
- Up to 7% annual profit bonus.
- Onsite Gym - Provident have partnered with Nuffield Health. Weekly classes are held throughout the day and pre 09:00 and post 17:00, you can attend anything from Spinning to Pilates to Boxercise.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion EDI
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard NES. The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.