Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders. The Provident Financial Group is made up of Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Vanquis Bank, Cheque Exchange and Moneybarn.
In this role you will be involved in transitioning from traditional BI and data processes to future state, real-time data capture; data housing and exploitation through future cloud technologies whilst also playing your part in improving operational support within database technology.
- In this role you will develop Business Intelligence within our Consumer Credit Division, providing the business with data to allow it to meet financial and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Design, develop and implement efficient ETL processes with the necessary logging and tracking.
- Design and develop data marts & cube technology.
- Design and deliver intuitive Dashboard/Reporting through Mobile & Self-Serve capability.
- Unit testing own work within an overall test strategy.
- Interpret business requirements into intuitive Business Intelligence solutions.
- Use requirements to produce detailed specifications of how objectives will be achieved using available data sources '“ through to Physical and Logical Models.
- Produce user documentation to be suitable for both technical and business users as a guide to understanding and utilising newly developed systems. Provide support as required to stakeholders.
- Deployment of all new Business Intelligence solutions are delivered through the structured Change Management processes and relevant execution documentation into IT Operations.
- 3rd Line support to fault fix and modify SQL scripts and ETL processes to correct problems and incorporate additional functionality.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, SSIS integration skills, SSRS.
- Strong database and ETL design knowledge â€“delivering batch and Real time data
- Strong in report development using SSRS, SSRS 2016 Mobile and MS PowerBI
- Experience of working in Data Warehousing/BI projects
- Experience working with large datasets
- Strong understanding of unit testing and support testing documentation.
- Experience of SSAS and developing cubes for reporting purposes
- Developing within Visual Studio Team Services
- Event Hub driven real time data transfer
- Stream analytics
- Azure Data Factory
- IBM Data Virtualisation
- Azure Data storage, Data Lake, Azure DWH & Azure SQL.
- API event driven data capture
- Experience working within Financial Services Sector
- Experience in iterative/agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP, RUP etc)
- Data Management Qualification
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service.
- Up to 7% annual profit bonus.
- Onsite Gym - Provident have partnered with Nuffield Health. Weekly classes are held throughout the day and pre 09:00 and post 17:00, you can attend anything from Spinning to Pilates to Boxercise.
Plus pension and a whole range of other benefits besides.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion EDI
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard NES. The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.