Do you have excellent experience dealing with people and want to start a career as a Collections Specialist for a great company?
We are looking for experienced Collections Specialists to contact clients and collect outstanding payments. You will strike a balance between maintaining trustful relationships, and ensuring timely payments.
You will be responsible for making outbound calls through a dialler system aiming for optimum recovery of outstanding customer debt through first time resolution and awareness of individual customer circumstance whilst meeting or exceeding collections KPI's and quality assurance. You will also be receiving inbound calls regarding account arrears queries, handling disputes, taking payments and setting payment arrangements.
You must be available to work between the hours of 8am - 8pm Monday to Sunday on a varying shift pattern.
- Supporting customers in financial difficulty or arrears to understand their circumstances and agree appropriate forbearance
- Effective negotiation and fact finding together with an understanding of customer affordability, treating customers fairly to meet company objectives
- Managing 'œCase work' on more complex customer accounts.
- Completing income and expenditure analysis to create mutually acceptable and sustainable payment arrangements based on the customers' ability to pay
- Completing periodic payment arrangement reviews to ensure they remain appropriate to a customer's circumstances
- Providing an emphatic and professional level of service to customers in different stages of financial difficulty
- Sign-posting borrowers with financial difficulties to not-for profit organisations
- Recognising and exploring signs or triggers that could indicate a vulnerability and ascertain whether the customer requires additional support in managing their account
- Effective customer complaint handling and escalation
- Dealing with difficult calls with patience and understanding
- Responding to customer and third-party emails
- Adhering to company collection policies at all times
If you demonstrate the below skills and experience relevant for a Collections Specialist, We would love to hear from you!
- Experienced in a busy customer facing collections and/or recoveries operation
- Experience of working with customers experiencing financial difficulties
- Knowledge of FCA regulation, data protection, and anti-money laundering principles
- Strong level of customer service skills and communication skills
- Experience of working within a fast paced, target driven environment
- Confident decision maker
- A pro-active attitude with a â€˜can-doâ€™ approach to problem solving
- Excellent time management skills
- Motivated to achieve targets and be an integral part of a successful team
- Ability to work with various loan management systems
- GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths Grade C and above
- Flexible working required between the hours of 8am - 8pm Monday to Sunday
- Experience of the lending process in a financial services sector
- Good understanding of the end to end customer life cycle
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
- 25 Days Holiday
- Pension Scheme for all employees
- Lunch/break seating area and a subsidised canteen
- Perks at Work: A wide range of staff discounts on a wide range of purchases including ASOS, Marks and Spencers, holiday providers, cinema tickets and more
- Onsite Nuffield Health gym
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard NES. The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.