Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders. The Provident Financial Group is made up of Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Vanquis Bank, Cheque Exchange and Moneybarn.
Do you have previous experience managing a small team of customer service agents, preferably within a financial services setting?
Can you manage, motivate and drive performance with energy and enthusiasm?
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Customer Service/Sales or Collections Team Leader to join an expanding financial organisation in the centre of Bradford .
You will be responsible for the development and coaching of a team of Collections Specialists ensuring work allocation and standards are achieved in line with company objectives. Handling escalated calls as well as providing first line cover when required, supporting senior management with planning and business strategy as the company looks to expand and developing key client relationships to ensure service levels.
You must be available to work between the hours of 8am - 8pm Monday to Sunday on a varying shift pattern.
As a Collections Team Leader you will be:
- Effectively managing colleagues in all aspects of their role, including performance, attendance and conduct
- Inspiring and motivating the team to meet/exceed individual and team performance standards and objectives
- Leading by example and ensuring all team members have the customer at the heart of everything we do
- Identifying both skills and knowledge gaps within the team and provide the relevant training, development and support where appropriate
- Rewarding, acknowledging and celebrating good performance and achievements within the team
- Providing timely and regular feedback to team members
- Completing 1st line quality assurance checks which evident both compliance to regulation and also the required standards of service we should be providing to our customers at all times
- Proactively analysing and using performance MI to set challenging targets, drive team performance and enhance the customer experience
- Previous experience of leading a team of people in a similar environment
- Previous experience of identifying training needs/tackling poor performance and developing people
- Previous experience of leading a team of people to achieve results and service standards
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Ability to lead, coach and and inspire team members
- Flexibility with working hours to meet both customer and business needs
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- GCSE (or equivalent) English & Maths Grade C and above
- Flexible working required between the hours of 8am - 8pm Monday to Sunday
- Previous recruitment experience
- Previous experience of working in an environment dealing with vulnerable customers and customers in financial difficulty
- Understand the requirements of an FCA regulated business
- Is aware and understands the principles of Treating Customers Fairly
- Understanding of financial regulations affecting consumer credit ie, GDPR, Money Laundering and CCA
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
- 25 Days Holiday
- Pension Scheme for all employees
- Lunch/break seating area and a subsidised canteen
- Perks at Work: A wide range of staff discounts on a wide range of purchases including ASOS, Marks and Spencers, holiday providers, cinema tickets and more
- Onsite Nuffield Health gym
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard NES. The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.