Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders. The Provident Financial Group is made up of Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Vanquis Bank, Cheque Exchange and Moneybarn.
About the Role
In this role you will provide expertise and leadership for a team of Software Testing professionals in the delivery of e-commerce platforms in the Financial Services domain.
- Provide testing expertise across the website, mobile applications, web service, cloud service and database technology stack.
- Review requirements, establish test coverage, produce estimates, track progress and generate summary reports.
- Produce Test Plans, Test Approach and Test Completion Reports.
- To work with internal, consultant and contract staff during the solution development lifecycle.
- To attend meetings as required by the project and delivery managers and SCRUM Masters.
- To adhere to the agreed standard toolsets.
- To identify and champion process & strategy improvements across the team.
- To be a mentor and coach to other colleagues.
- Work closely with Development & Test Managers to implement appropriate approaches and governance.
- To provide peer testing reviews.
- To adhere to all solution development lifecycle methodologies, processes and standards
- To identify and champion process improvements across the team
- Provide leadership and mentoring to colleagues.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience of Software Testing in e-Commerce / Financial Services domain.
- Solid Experience with an Automation Tools.
- Demonstrable SQL skills.
- Experience of working within an Agile delivery environment.
- Experience of defining test approach & defining test plans.
- Strong communication skills.
- Exposure to Selenium automation.
- Experience with SoapUI.
- Experience with a programming language (ideally C#).
- Agile delivery experience.
- Experience of VSTS/TFS/Microsoft Test Manager for managing test assets.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced delivery environment.
- TDD or BDD.
- ISEB / ISTQB Foundation (minimum)
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service.
- Up to 7% annual profit bonus.
- Onsite Gym - Provident have partnered with Nuffield Health. Weekly classes are held throughout the day and pre 09:00 and post 17:00, you can attend anything from Spinning to Pilates to Boxercise.
Plus pension and a whole range of other benefits besides.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion EDI
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard NES. The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.