Provident delivers non-standard lending through our businesses - Vanquis Bank, Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Moneybarn and Cheque Exchange.
We have an exciting opportunity within Group Finance for an experienced Accountant to be part of a large, forward thinking business who will work closely with the group finance team to support the business and contribute to the delivery of the group objectives. The role includes:
- Assisting in the group annual report process, including the preparation and review of financial information and narrative.
- Preparation of elements of the group management accounts, including commentary on variances to budget on key areas including interest, borrowings and covenants.
- Responsibility for the calculation of share based payment charges for each division.
- Responsibility for the preparation of the head office company ledgers on a quarterly basis and managing the process for the preparation, review and signing of their annual accounts.
- Preparation of the dormant company accounts and managing the process for the review and signing of these accounts.
- Coordinate the process for XBRL tagging the statutory accounts across the group.
- Review of board reports, audit committee papers and external announcements.
- Working alongside the Group Financial Planning and Analysis manager to assist in the preparation of the group budget model including inputting data into the models.
- Responsibility for the preparation of monthly and quarterly statistical returns.
- ACA or similar qualifications
- Experience of financial reporting and IFRS
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are advantageous
- Strong drive and ambition for personal development and career success
- Flexibility and ability to commit the time required to get the job done
- A calm and positive approach towards multiple demands
From your first day working with us, we believe in looking after our employees and are dedicated to providing them with a safe, supportive and fair working environment across all areas of the company.
We also like to let our employees know that we appreciate their hard work by offering competitive salaries and a range of reward schemes as well as regular performance management reviews and appraisals so that you can monitor your career progress.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusivity
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES). The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace.