Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders. The Provident Financial Group is made up of Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Vanquis Bank, Cheque Exchange and Moneybarn.
About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for the day to day running of IT Service for Incidents, Problems, CSI and peak planning to serve as the strategic, tactical and operational lead on the IT run estate. You will reduce and report on the adverse impact of incidents and problems that are caused by errors within the IT Service, and prevent recurrence of incidents. The role will ensure that incident information is documented in such a way that it is readily available to support all problem management activities and knowledge is created, shared and used.
- To develop an overarching IT Service strategy against your ITIL discipline with supporting processes and documentation with clear accurate reporting.
- Facilitate analysis where appropriate and conduct change consultancy to prepare improvement plans.
- To coordinated the design requirements, development, maintenance and ongoing trending / reporting of the processes.
- Create dashboards and reports for the business unit in relation IT service with monitoring and tracking delivery metrics (incident, problem, and SIP)
- Undertake Supplier management for the respective ITIL disciplines.
- Responsibility for a team of incident and problem managers.
- Responsibility for the ownership and coordination of actions relating to IT Problems, Incidents, peak planning and CSI.
- Single point of contact for all Problem management related work and take responsibility for the ownership and coordination of actions relating to IT Problems.
- Lead, engage and motivate the team to deliver business objectives.
- Build capability of team by supporting and coaching through effective performance management practices.
- Ensure the right people are in the right roles and that skills are being utilised effectively with day to day management.
- To identify and make recommendations on improving our Service Performance and reduce incidents in live service.
We would like you to have skills and experience in some of the following:
- Previous experience as an incident / problem manager lead who has worked within the large scale IT functions or similar environments.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels in an organisation.
- Ability to influence and challenge constructively, particularly at Head of Function level.
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor a team.
- Solid understanding of key drivers for service and operational performance.
- Show a deep understanding of the use of technology to deliver continuous improvement, ideally complemented by management experience in front-line delivery.
- Able to delegate responsibility.
- Rigorous attention to detail and highly organised.
- Experience with incident, problem and knowledge management tooling.
- Understand the requirements of an FCA regulated business
- Experience of managing delivery from third parties
- ITIL Lifecycle qualification
- ITIL Expert
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service.
- Up to 10% annual profit bonus.
- Car Allowance
- Pension (with employer contribution up to 10.6%)
- Private Health Insurance (when in the PFG Pension Scheme)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Onsite Gym - Provident have partnered with Nuffield Health. Weekly classes are held throughout the day and pre 09:00 and post 17:00, you can attend anything from Spinning to Pilates to Boxercise.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion EDI
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard NES. The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.