The role of Group Finance Treasury Manager is to provide technical accounting support, analysis and financial reporting for the Group finance function. To manage Group hedging compliance and to act as project manager for Group finance on both treasury and wider Group reporting matters.
- Ownership and preparation of Group hedging documentation, prospective and retrospective testing; liaising with internal and external counterparties to ensure compliance.
- Creation of securitisation accounting documentation and statutory entity ledgers.
- Responsible for the creation of reporting framework and controls surrounding the financial reporting strategic developments across the Group. Ongoing challenge to current procedures and update to reflect experience and best practice.
- Liaise with divisional finance teams to ensure accounting treatment of accounting transactions is accurately documented and reflected on a divisional and consolidated level.
- Creation of accounting journals in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Liaise with Group FP&A manager and Group treasury to ensure Group finance costs and balance sheets are forecasted accurately.
- Manage accounting for all treasury, and wider Group Finance, projects.
- Review of interest costs and funding forecasts including transfer pricing adjustments.
Leading our People (Colleagues)
- Effectively communicate with Senior Group Finance Manager and Group Financial Controller to provide feedback on potential process improvements
- Responsible for ensuring colleagues have a clear understanding of the treasury accounting.
- Engage with the PF and Group financial reporting teams to deliver business objectives
Delivering our Numbers
- Involved in the delivery of timely and accurate accounting and forecast treasury information.
- Ensure work is delivered in line with agreed timetables
- Qualified accountant, preferably ACA, with post qualified experience in industry or practice.
- Thorough understanding of hedge accounting and a minimum of 3 years previous experience of hedge accounting and preparing hedge documentation.
- Understand and be able to explain accounting standards and principles under IFRS.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels to explain complex financial problems.
- Be able to provide different presentations of data to allow analysis and challenge of figures with senior management.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to challenge constructively.
- Demonstrates rigorous attention to detail.
- Commercial awareness, including knowledge of financial services sector.
- Advanced PC Literacy in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experienced qualified ACA
- Advanced Excel user
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service.
- Up to 15% annual bonus.
- Provident Pension Scheme
- PMI & PHI Cover
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion EDI
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard NES. The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.