Through our businesses '“ Vanquis, Moneybarn, Provident and Satsuma '“ we serve 2.3 million people through credit cards, vehicle finance and personal loans. We employ 4,865 colleagues across the UK who deliver our products and serve our customers from a network of branches, call centres and central offices.
Established in 1880, we've not only retained but continue to build on our founding values. We aim to put people on a path to a better everyday life by making sure our customers are at the heart of everything we do. We lend responsibly and act responsibly by making affordability a key part of our decisioning, so customers are better able to manage their loans and their repayments.
Provident Financial is the market leader in a large market, where there are clear opportunities to grow customers, market share, product, distribution, and move into new market segments. Our Group functions set the strategy for how we serve our customers with the products and services they need whilst driving sustainable growth.
Specifically, our Group IT function takes a holistic view to the way our businesses expand their product range and distribution and increase their digitisation. Working in a newly created role as Group Chief IT Architect, you will hold responsibility for the strategic direction and future state of all Business Architecture and Information.
Reporting to our Group CIO, this specifically includes;
- Business Architecture '“ maintain current and develop future state business architecture. Communicate and embed this enterprise architecture technology strategy across the group.
- Information System & Technology Architecture '“ design and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems that drive revenue and improve efficiency.
- Data Architecture '“ oversee the design and implementation of enterprise data and metadata structures.
- Architectural Governance '“ develop and deploy Enterprise Architecture Governance processes which set and direct investment priorities and ensure that programmes are delivering in accordance with the strategy and architecture.
- Collaborates with Senior Stakeholders across PFG Group both within IT and wider (ExCo) to ensure alignment on architecture principles and delivery roadmaps.
This is a newly created and high-profile role which comes at a pivotal time for Provident Financial Group. Youâ€™ll benefit from variety and intellectually interesting challenges as we look to build new platforms and services that meet the needs of our customers.
Playing a core role in this transformation will see you reporting regularly to Senior Management (Group Board/ExCo) and communicating your recommendations and strategies with gravitas and impact.
To be considered the following experience is required;
- Senior leadership experience within Financial Services level, delivering transformational change to business processes and systems to unlock cost savings or service improvements for customers
- Detailed knowledge of modern software development practices and processes covering development process (including use of Agile methodologies), risk management and technical best practice
- Knowledge and experience of working with emergent technologies, in particular those that underpin digital capabilities, and able to design how they will be utilised within our sector/business
Here at PFG, we like to let our employees know that we appreciate their hard work by offering competitive salaries and a range of reward schemes as well as regular performance management reviews and appraisals so that you can monitor your career progress. On top of that, here are some additional benefits:
- Car allowance
- Discretionary annual company bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Pension scheme with Company contributions up to 10.6%
- Permanent Health Insurance of 75%
- Colleague Perks at Work recognition schemes
- 25 days annual holiday in addition to bank holidays