We are Provident Financial Group or, as we're more generally known, PFG. We're a FTSE 250 company listed on the London Stock Exchange; a specialist lender for the 12 million UK adults not served by mainstream credit companies.
Through our businesses '“ Vanquis, Moneybarn, Provident and Satsuma '“ we serve 2.3 million people through credit cards, vehicle finance and personal loans. We employ 4,865 colleagues across the UK who deliver our products and serve our customers from a network of branches, call centres and central offices.
Established in 1880, we've not only retained but continue to build on our founding values. We aim to put people on a path to a better everyday life by making sure our customers are at the heart of everything we do. We lend responsibly and act responsibly by making affordability a key part of our decisioning, so customers are better able to manage their loans and their repayments.
Specifically, our Group IT function takes a holistic view to the way our businesses expand their product range and distribution and increase their digitisation. Working in a newly created role as Group CISO, this is a fantastic opportunity to take responsibility for our group wide Information & Cyber Security strategy and information security policies.
Reporting to our Group CIO, your specific key responsibilities will include;
- Ensures that the organization's information technology resources are appropriately protected from unauthorized destruction, alteration and access.
- Prudently manages security to ensure that it's accomplished in a manner that's consistent with business strategy and execution.
- Oversees security governance across the Group; developing and implementing all security strategy, policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains an organizational structure that identifies responsibilities and authority for information security across all IT services.
- Develops and implements a security policy communication and training strategy. Actively advocates security awareness across the extended organization.
- Provides oversight and audit of security initiatives. Recommends and implements methods and tools to identify and manage vulnerabilities and threats.
- Develops and delivers a comprehensive information security risk assessment program.
- Develops and delivers a comprehensive incident response system.
This is a newly created and high-profile role which comes at a pivotal time for Provident Financial Group. Youâ€™ll benefit from variety and intellectually interesting challenges as we look to build new platforms and services that meet the needs of our customers.
Playing a core role in this transformation will see you reporting regularly to Senior Management (Group Board/ExCo) and communicating your recommendations and strategies with gravitas and impact.
To be considered the following experience is required;
- Experience acting as a CISO or extensive experience in a senior leadership role within Information Security / Risk Management (IT). It is a significant advantage to have done so within Retail Financial Services.
- Professional security management certification (CISSP, CISM or CISA or equivalent).
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills. Adaptable for technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Ability to deliver strategic goals in a matrix environment and to deliver against multiple projects in a dynamic working environment.
- An ability to think long term and keep pace with the latest information security threats and vulnerabilities.
Here at PFG, we like to let our employees know that we appreciate their hard work by offering competitive salaries and a range of reward schemes as well as regular performance management reviews and appraisals so that you can monitor your career progress. On top of that, here are some additional benefits:
- Car allowance
- Discretionary annual company bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Pension scheme with Company contributions up to 10.6%
- Permanent Health Insurance of 75%
- Colleague Perks at Work recognition schemes
- 25 days annual holiday in addition to bank holidays