Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders. The Provident Financial Group is made up of Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Vanquis Bank, Cheque Exchange and Moneybarn.
Please note we will review applications from Bradford and London areas.
The role of Head of Prudential Risk it to provide oversight, advice and independent assurance over the management of prudential risk across the Group, and to partner divisional Finance teams in providing risk and control consultancy, advice and guidance.
- To support the Group Chief Risk Officer in the independent oversight of prudential risk across the Group
- Lead and develop a fit for purpose Prudential Risk function
- Take overall responsibility for the direction and leadership of function in respect of prudential risk and compliance and model risk
- Lead the process for independent validation of the Group's Internal model, providing appropriate challenge to the model development and assurance that the model continues to meet all of the requirements for regulatory approval
- Monitor the regulatory environment to ensure awareness of future developments and that potential impacts on the Group are addressed in a timely and appropriate manner
- Represent the function in internal committees and manage relationship with the Regulators in respect of prudential / regulatory issues and actions
- Support the Group Chief Risk Officer in the provision of challenge, opinion and advice on key strategic developments and business plans relating to prudential risk
- Provide advice and challenge to relevant functions to enhance their risk management effectiveness
- Advise and lead on the development and implementation of an appropriate framework for the management of prudential risk ensuring compliance with Group policies and standards
- Responsible for the 2nd line risk oversight of the management of prudential and risk together with associated financial, operational and reputational risks for PF functions
- Develop and monitor appropriate risk appetite statements and measures for prudential risk to enable effective decision making and reporting
- Provide oversight of the Group's compliance with elements of the PRA's solvency rules, providing appropriate assurance to the Board.
- Broad based Financial Services and banking experience including strong operations, regulatory and financial understanding and exposure
- Commercially focused with knowledge and experience of finance, treasury and prudential risk, and associated PRA regulation including ILAAP, ICAAP, RRP
- Good understanding of the Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR)
- Strong understanding of the key principles around International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS 9) and Expected Credit Losses (ECL)
- Strong understanding of the liquidity requirements as defined by the Basel III regulatory framework (LCR and NSFR)
- Strong understanding of regulatory and prudential exposure
- FTSE 100/250 or equivalent Board/divisional level committee experience
- Strong leadership and team management capabilities.
- Excellent relationship management and influencing skills with the ability to balance assertiveness in order to build and maintain internal / external relationships
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Resilient able to manage disagreement and find ways to reach an agreed position
- Strong risk awareness
- Highly analytical, able to work with both low levels of detail and a big picture organisation-wide perspective and think critical
- Ability to work within a complex, dynamic setting, both anticipating and responding to change.
- Exposure to large scale IT projects and business transformation initiatives
- Good modelling skills and IT literacy
- Concentrates on what good looks like rather than what might go wrong
- Commercially focused, a good understanding of business performance dynamics
- ACA or equivalent
- Post graduate qualifications in relevant areas
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.