Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders. The Provident Financial Group is made up of Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Vanquis Bank, Cheque Exchange and Moneybarn.
About the Role
To provide Health and Safety consultancy, support and advice across the PF Group. Promoting a positive health and safety culture in the workplace. You'll also ensure that employers and colleagues comply with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting with the development of health and safety policies, procedures and the ongoing maintenance and development of management systems across group.
- Update the business health and safety portals, with documented changes as required
- Advise and instruct on various health and safety related topics to provide advice and guidance to colleagues across group, and update applicable guidance documents
- Accountable for the preparation and checking of risk assessments e.g. NEM, COSHH, Events etc. Maintenance of risk assessment indices
- Act as lead on DSE workstation assessments engaging with colleagues and suppliers to provide suitable solutions and specialist assessments
- Input accident and incident forms onto the incident management system. Undertake accident investigations and implement appropriate remedial measures in conjunction with various businesses and functions. Ensure retention of supporting documentation. Report RIDDOR incidents to the Health and Safety Executive
- Liaise with external bodies in the provision of health and safety training programmes and services. Develop and review internal training content for eLearning content
- Recruit, train and provide guidance to Health & Safety Reps, First Aiders and arrange payments with Salaries
Experience and Capability
- Administration skills
- Self-motivated Individual
- Organisational skills
- Computer Literate
- Letter-writing skills
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
- Excel graphs
- NEBOSH General Certificate or comparable
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.