About the company:
Established in 1880, Provident Financial Group (PFG) is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 Company employing over 3,000 staff throughout the UK and Ireland.
Provident delivers non-standard lending through our businesses - Vanquis Bank, Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Moneybarn and Cheque Exchange.
About the role:
Please note, we will review applications from both Bradford and London areas.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Reward Specialist to join our HR Shared Services team on a Fixed Term Contract (FTC) to cover maternity leave over a 9 month period.
Reporting to the Senior HR Services Manager, the role holder will assist in delivering a reward strategy that supports the business plan and future growth. You will play a key role through team leading members of the reward team, ensure that reward and recognition within the business re-enforces the corporate values and delivers employee engagement, and protects profit through appropriate financial controls.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead, engage and motivate the Reward team to deliver business objectives.
- To manage the administration and MI of all reward data.
- Manage and oversee the implementation and ongoing maintenance of the overall organisation design process, encompassing job evaluation and sizing, grading structures and job families, and benchmarking.
- Lead on the implementation of new and existing reward programmes and initiatives (e.g. annual salary review process) providing advice and direction to senior management and the HR team.
- Provides operational and specialist insight to drive continuous improvement.
- Manage and oversee the annual Reward Calendar, making sure all activities are distributed across the team and delivered to a high standard
- Ensure accurate data for P11d reporting and Gender Pay Gap Reporting.
The skills, experience and qualifications you will have:
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor a team.
- Previous track record of delivering reward programmes in a complex environment.
- Knowledge of pay review/ company bonus strategy.
- Good planning/project management skills
- Knowledge of legislation and tax implications on benefits.
- Understanding of Gender Pay Gap reporting.
- Knowledge of Excel and HCM database systems.
- Experience of managing external suppliers.
- Experience of leading people, and developing key internal and external relationships.
- Numerate with an ability to understand and analyse data.
- Ability to influence and challenge constructively.
- Able to work under own initiative, with minimal supervision.
- Experience of job evaluation methodology and benchmarking.
- CIPD Qualification.
Desirable skills and experience, but not essential:
- Knowledge of database systems e.g. Open HR, Willis Towers Watson Data Services
- Understand the requirements of an FCA regulated business
- Good presentation skills
Why choose a career with us?
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to