Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders. The Provident Financial Group is made up of Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Vanquis Bank, Cheque Exchange and Moneybarn.
About the Role
Please note, we will review applications from both Bradford and London areas.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join the Group Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team as an FP&A Analyst.. You will be at the heart of a small team that generates and delivers financial forecasts to the Provident Financial Group Executive Committee and Board. In addition, you will support the Group Chief Financial Officer by producing high-quality analysis and insight into the financial performance of the Group. Furthermore, the team is deploying and development of a new Group-wide financial planning system which will drive significant improvements to our financial planning processes. You will have opportunities to shape the new platform and processes to ensure that we can provide better and more timely insight into divisional trends of the Group's strategic direction.
The role would suit someone who is fast learning and enjoys process improvement. The role will involve regular interaction with many stakeholders throughout the Group so the applicant will need to be a good communicator and be able to clearly explain processes and requirements across different levels.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- To support the production of Group financial forecasts, including the annual Budget forecast, monthly rolling forecasts and stress test forecasts within the annual and interim resilience statements, the annual ICAAP and the Recovery Plan
- Responsible for consolidating divisional forecast submissions, for liaising with Treasury in relation to Group funding plans and for producing Group financial forecasts
- Responsible for supporting the delivery of forecasts to the Group Executive Committee and Group Board for review and approval
- Supporting ad hoc requests for financial data, analysis and insight from the Group Chief Financial Officer and other Group stakeholders, liaising with Divisional finance teams as required
- Responsible for supporting the Group's monthly management reporting process; for preparing any requested analysis; and for investigating any discrepancies or unusual variances to Budget
- Producing data and analysis to support the Group's quarterly trading updates and any other investor relations activity
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with Divisional finance teams and for improving communication within the Finance function
- Making refinements and improvements to existing forecasting platforms and for supporting the deployment of new forecasting platforms
- Responsible for supporting the production of the Group Annual Report, liaising with publishers and other report editors.
Experience and Capability
- Able to investigate and analyse complex data sets, identifying and pro-actively following up potential data and analytical issues
- Good problem solving capability. Able to identify potential solutions to analytical issues. Able to identify and implement improvements to forecasting tools and processes
- Strong communication skills. Able to communicate, verbally and in written documentation, with both senior and junior colleagues across the whole organisation. Able to explain complex commercial and financial issues to others
- Able to present financial plans and complex data analysis in simplified forms in order to facilitate review and challenge and to enable senior management decision making
- Commercial awareness. Able to form views and judgments about financial plans. Able to challenge plans constructively and to propose alternative recommendations
- Strong organisational skills. Able to adapt in order to meet tight deadlines . Takes ownership and pursues set objectives proactively. Demonstrates rigorous attention to detail and follows up on emerging issues
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CA accountant. A good knowledge of IFRS accounting standards. Able to understand the principles and technical details of accounting standards and explain the impact on Group financial performance
- Advanced PC literacy in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to challenge constructively, particularly at Manager level.
Desirable however not essential
- Experience of financial reporting and planning systems. Knowledge of Anaplan would be ideal
- Knowledge of Financial Services sector. Knowledge of the Banking sector would be ideal
- Qualified ACCA/ACA/CA
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.