Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders. The Provident Financial Group is made up of Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Vanquis Bank, Cheque Exchange and Moneybarn.
About the Role:
Please note this is a fixed term position (6 months). We will review applications from both Bradford and London areas.
The role of a Group First Line Control Lead is to carry out key controls testing and document associated results, as directed by the Group First Line Control Function.
- Determining and documenting the testing approach for key controls in line with methodology
- Carrying out key control testing in line with testing approach
- Documenting key control testing results and findings in line with methodology
- Managing the day-to-day interface with key control business function contacts
- Following up outstanding control implementation evidence where required
- Evaluating whether key controls are design adequately and operating effectively
- Discussing and agreeing findings with Group First Line Control management
- Ensuring that key controls testing and documentation is performed to a suitable standard, in line with methodology, and that conclusions and assessments are accurate and robust
- Advising business functions on requisite remediating actions and control improvements, based on control testing results, where required
The skills, experience and qualifications you will have:
- Excellent relationship management and influencing skills with the ability to balance assertiveness with need to build and maintain internal relationships
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Broad based Financial Services and banking experience including strong operations, regulatory and financial understanding and exposure
- Resilient able to manage disagreement and find ways to reach an agreed position
- Strong risk awareness
- Self-starter with high degree of self sufficiency
- Good modelling skills and IT literacy;
- Exposure to large scale projects and business transformation initiatives
- Concentrates on what good looks like rather than what might go wrong
- Embraces continuous learning and development
- Commercially focused good understanding of business performance dynamics
Why choose a career with us?
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.