Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders.
Group Transformation is a newly established team within Provident Financial Group to deliver substantial change across the organisation. It's role is to lead the development of the activity required to meet the strategic objective of the Group. Team members come from a broad range of backgrounds & industries including professional services, financial services, investment banking, legal services, retail and IT; we all have a different story with varied backgrounds and experiences. Together, we are committed to delivering complex transformational and organisational change to make a difference at PFG. We are now looking to expand our team further and are looking for like-minded, experienced individuals to join us at a point in time where there is opportunity to both shape and deliver outcomes as we start the journey.
About the role
This is a fixed term role of 12 months initially with an opportunity to convert to permanent.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst who will work alongside one of our Senior Project Managers to support the delivery of large, complex Programmes and associated Projects. The Programmes are likely to be of a Transformational or Organisational nature that will require working across Group and a multi-divisional structure. We are looking for an experienced individual that will use their skill and knowledge to add value to the development and delivery of a large-scale programmes.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Leading our People (Colleagues and Agents)
- Understanding the Requirements of the Business.
- Work with stakeholders to identify wants, determine true business need and assign relevant priorities (Being able to quickly develop an appropriate level of understanding of the stakeholders functional area is key).
- Conduct interviews, workshops, surveys and site visits with stakeholders, delivery teams and relevant business / functional areas to elicit requirements. This may include working with Third Party Suppliers and Consultants.
- Translate the needs of the business into a set of requirements that can be easily understood by developers / engineering teams / implementation team or equivalent.
- Consolidate and refine requirements from across the business into a single consistent vision.
Elaborate Project Details
- Ensure that the developers / engineering teams / implementation team have all necessary requirements and information or similar to build / implement process / deliver a solution.
- Prepares functional specifications for design and implementation. This may include the development of user stories or user cases.
- Review and analyse existing business documentation, processes, task and workflow information to elicit requirements. Make appropriate recommendations to fill any identified gaps, improve quality and / or completeness of existing documentation.
- Analyse how stakeholders will utilise the solution in order to complete required activities or tasks.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis and define powerful solutions.
- Conducting feasibility studies in order to produce options and recommendation papers for senior stakeholder decision making.
Doing the Right Thing for our Customers
- Document and manage business requirements ensuring full traceability (and any other required documentation).
- Support any additional activities as directed by Senior Project Manager (e.g. testing, implementation)
- Demonstrate creativity, innovation and ethical thinking whilst identifying solutions.
- Adopts and champions business and governance policy and processes.
- Be an ambassador for Group Transformation and contributes to further maturing of the function.
- Significant experience working as a BA or in a similar analytical / consultant type role.
- Experience of working on large complex IT and Regulatory projects.
- Strong background of building and maintaining relationships across a business.
- Analytical experience in extracting and interpreting data into statistical information, and presenting back to business users.
- Experience operating in a challenging organisational environment with a requirement to balance different priorities and demands
- Able to work under own initiative, with minimal supervision and a keen attention to detail.
- Able to demonstrate experience of working with autonomy within strict deadlines.
- Understand the requirements of an FCA regulated business
- Detailed knowledge and experience within the Financial Services sector
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to. We offer an attractive, competitive salary and benefits package for everyone including:
- Competitive base salary and rewards
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday entitlement,which will increase with length of service.
- Pension Scheme
- Extensive opportunities for personal and career development
- Flexible and dynamic working policies
Inclusion & Diversity statement
We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way to helping us live our purpose and defines why we are here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We want to attract and retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, they are given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. We have also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
We think that if you can be yourself in the workplace, you will do your best work and enjoy being part of the team. And as a business we get to benefit from that and to celebrate all the wonderful things that diversity brings.