Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders.
Group Transformation is a newly established team within Provident Financial Group to deliver substantial change across the organisation. It's role is to lead the development of the activity required to meet the strategic objective of the Group. Team members come from a broad range of backgrounds & industries including professional services, financial services, investment banking, legal services, retail and IT; we all have a different story with varied backgrounds and experiences. Together, we are committed to delivering complex transformational and organisational change to make a difference at PFG. We are now looking to expand our team further and are looking for like-minded, experienced individuals to join us at a point in time where there is opportunity to both shape and deliver outcomes as we start the journey.
Please note we will review applications from both Bradford and London areas.
Working within Group PMO, the Senior Finance Analyst (PMO) will be responsible for supporting Projects & Programmes across Group in terms of financial planning, preparing forecasts, managing actuals & tracking benefits.
Data assurance & exception resolution will be a key part of this role alongside preparation of reporting. This role will suit someone with solid stakeholder, portfolio & financial management experience.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Management and preparation of reporting for Project, Programme & Portfolio spend against approved budgets highlighting any variances.
- Working with Project & Programme managers to support financial planning across the Portfolio.
- Development of financial modelling which will require a good understanding of accounting and/or project finance modelling.
- Using previous experience, support the Senior Finance Manager (PMO) in driving forward a culture of continuous improvement.
- Confirm with Project & Programme Managers that Benefit metrics are in place for all tangible financial benefits, with clear ownership and accountability identified.
- Effective management of time recording system for billable resources (for Permanent staff, Contractors and offshore resource as appropriate)
- Consolidate time records into reports summarising how and where time is spent, identifying exceptions & trends. Investigation of exceptions through to a practical resolution.
- Consolidating data to produce output report / file through to Finance submission.
- Conduct financial health-checks and contribute to stage gate reviews in line with our Change Delivery Framework & governance process.
- Proactively identify improvements in our processes to improve ways of working.
- Prepare and manage inputs for the Portfolio / Programme level Dashboards and Scorecards for reporting to higher governance forums
- Management of Portfolio level resource demand and capacity forecasting.
- Developing processes to maintain a clear and accurate view of resource demand from both pipeline and inflight projects.
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a fast paced PMO environment preferably operating Agile and Waterfall delivery methodologies
- Highly numerate with established quantitative capabilities.
- Strong team working & collaboration across stakeholder group of Programme, Project Managers and Accountable Execs
- Ability to influence and constructively challenge Project & Programme Managers
- Excellent written/oral communication skills to support the construction of reports and presentations
- A strong academic record preferably to degree level or equivalent experience
- PMO qualification
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications specifically: Microsoft Project (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience implementing PPM tool
- SharePoint development skills
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to. We offer an attractive, competitive salary and benefits package for everyone including:
- Competitive base salary and rewards
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday entitlement,which will increase with length of service.
- Pension Scheme
- Extensive opportunities for personal and career development
- Flexible and dynamic working policies
Inclusion & Diversity statement
We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way to helping us live our purpose and defines why we are here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We want to attract and retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, they are given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. We have also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
We think that if you can be yourself in the workplace, you will do your best work and enjoy being part of the team. And as a business we get to benefit from that and to celebrate all the wonderful things that diversity brings.