Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders.
Group Transformation is a newly established team within Provident Financial Group to deliver substantial change across the organisation. It's role is to lead the development of the activity required to meet the strategic objective of the Group. Team members come from a broad range of backgrounds & industries including professional services, financial services, investment banking, legal services, retail and IT; we all have a different story with varied backgrounds and experiences. Together, we are committed to delivering complex transformational and organisational change to make a difference at PFG. We are now looking to expand our team further and are looking for like-minded, experienced individuals to join us at a point in time where there is opportunity to both shape and deliver outcomes as we start the journey.
About the Role
This is a fixed term role of 12 months initially with an opportunity to convert to permanent..
Working within Group Transformation, this role is to provide dedicated support to a large scale and complex Programme. It will require a hands on approach and experience working semi-independently within a similar structure.
This role is suitable for an experienced Senior PMO analyst looking to develop their skills and experience before stepping up to a PMO Manager role.
- Support the ability to provide continuous progress reporting using Portfolio, Programme and Project (P3MO) management tools
- Co-ordination of Programme level plans, including critical path activities & key milestones.
- Conduct Health-checks and stage gate reviews in line with the governance process across the Programme.
- Provide guidance and support to Project Managers to ensure that governance procedures are effectively adopted.
- Ensure our central repository is efficiently managed with appropriate access controls & regular review points
- Play an active role with the implementation of a PPM tool across the organisation.
- Identify pragmatic, workable solutions where our governance approach may not be appropriate for specific delivery challenges.
- Proactively drive improvements across the Governance Framework supporting the development of a usable framework across the organisation.
- Ensure regular Programme reporting is up to date and quality assured ahead of publication (e.g Status Reporting).
- Ensure our Risk approach is actively promoted and effectively followed. Be a champion for risk & issue management across the Programme.
- Development & publication of Risk (heat map style) reporting.
- Preparation of reporting, dashboard publication to support Programme oversight & meetings as required.
Experience and Capability
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a Programme Management Office in a fast paced delivery environment
- Must be well organised to deliver to tight deadlines when required
- Experience in both Agile & Waterfall delivery methodologies
- Strong team working & collaborative work ethic
- Ability to influence and constructively challenge Programme & Project Managers
- Excellent written/oral communication skills to support the construction of reports and presentations
- Ability to analyse data and communicate results to stakeholders
- A strong academic record
- Previous experience as a Senior PMO Analyst
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Project, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- P3MO or other PMO qualification
- SharePoint experience
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to. We offer an attractive, competitive salary and benefits package for everyone including:
- Competitive base salary and rewards
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday entitlement,which will increase with length of service.
- Pension Scheme
- Extensive opportunities for personal and career development
- Flexible and dynamic working policies
Inclusion & Diversity statement
We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way to helping us live our purpose and defines why we are here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We want to attract and retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, they are given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. We have also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
We think that if you can be yourself in the workplace, you will do your best work and enjoy being part of the team. And as a business we get to benefit from that and to celebrate all the wonderful things that diversity brings.