Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders. The Provident Financial Group is made up of Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Vanquis Bank, Cheque Exchange and Moneybarn.
Location: Bradford - hybrid working, office based 1-2 days per week
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to act as a technical expert in BI development and to develop Business Intelligence within Gateway, providing the business with data to allow it to meet financial and regulatory reporting requirements
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
- Coaching and mentoring of BI Developers
- Technical expert and advisor to the whole BI team (cross brand)
- Design and develop data marts, cubes and reporting / dashboards
- Automated Testing procedures within Development
- Unit testing own work within an overall test strategy
- Reporting progress to BI Development Manager
- Interpret business requirements
- Use requirements to produce detailed specifications of how objectives will be achieved using available data sources
- Develop ETL processes to implement specifications using available tools
- Derive and execute test plans, thoroughly documenting the entire process
- Produce user documentation to be suitable for both technical and business users as a guide to understanding and utilising newly developed systems. Provide support as required to stakeholders
- Assist in deployment by liaising closely with relevant staff in the I.T. department, and adhering to change and source control procedures
- Monitor systems to ensure data integrity and successful batched updates
- Be familiar with the purpose and structure of existing systems developed within the department
- Modify SQL scripts and ETL processes to correct problems and incorporate additional functionality
- Ensure data integrity is maintained and batched updates run correctly and to agreed timescales
- Produce SQL scripts to extract data as required from a variety of data sources
- Advanced Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, SSIS integration skills
- Advanced database and ETL design knowledge
- Event Hub driving real time data transfer, Stream analytics
- Azure Data storage, Data Lake, Azure DWH, Azure SQL & Azure Data Factory
- IBM Data Virtualisation
- Expert database and ETL design
- Experience of working in Data Warehousing/BI projects
- Experience working with large datasets
- Strong understanding of unit testing and support testing documentation.
- Intermediate in SSAS and developing cubes for reporting purposes
- Experience of developing within Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) environment
- Experience working within Financial Services Sector
- Experience in iterative/agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP, RUP etc)
Educated to degree level or appropriate technical experience
Data Management Qualification
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
We offer an attractive, competitive salary and benefits package for everyone including:
Competitive base salary and rewards
Discretionary bonus scheme
25 days holiday entitlement (could increase with Length of service)
Extensive opportunities for personal and career development
Flexible and dynamic working policies
Inclusion & Diversity Statement
We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way to helping us live our purpose and defines why we are here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We want to attract and retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, they are given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. We have also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
We think that if you can Be Yourself in the workplace, you will do your best work and enjoy being part of the team and as a business we get to benefit from that and to celebrate all the wonderful things that diversity brings.