Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders.
Location: Bradford - hybrid working, office based 2-3 days per week
We are looking for a Network Engineer Specialist to provide operational support across the network estate and where required produce designs and deployment of technology projects and support their transition into the Network Engineering team.
- To manage and maintain core Networks and supported infrastructure systems and services critical to the running of the core business and customers.
- Working in a Hybrid-Cloud environment, leveraging key relationships with Partners and MSP's to provide high-levels of service availability.
- Deliver quality Service at the core of our ethos, the Network Engineer Specialist will maintain a high-quality work ethic and consistent performance standards, in line with key performance indicators and organisational SLA requirements within a service orientated IT structure.
- Provide 24/7 support cover in accordance with department policy, requirements and conditions.
- Ownership and accountability for technical and support tasks assigned to you as an individual. From initial request through to conclusion.
- Embrace all methods of available communication when required with our customers to effectively resolve their issues on all technical levels.
- To be available and willing to work reactively as the situation or fault demands but to work at all times in a proactive frame of mind. Encourage long term fix and solid technical resolutions.
- Provide an excellent level of customer service.
- Appropriate and effective management/shaping of customer expectations and push-back as appropriate.
- Ensure designs are considering the use of latest technologies.
- Follow agreed Departmental ITIL processes and effective Incident, Change, Problem and Release Management.
- Promote and demonstrate professional behaviour and attitudes including but not limited to customer and service support ethos across the Business.
- Engage and maintain effective root cause analysis for appropriate incident and problem cases, making and documenting recommendations and solutions.
- Have an ability to prioritise different types of incidents and service impacting faults in accordance with the associated impact on production services.
- Experience and solid working understanding of several of the following Infrastructure technologies;
- Firewall experience for both troubleshooting and changes preferably cisco ASA/Dell firewalls
- Extensive experience of Routing Protocols incl. EIGRP & OSPF
- ITIL Background, firm understanding of ITILv3 practices. Incident, Service, Change, Problem, Release.
- In depth knowledge of Ethernet/L2 switching
- Hands on recent experience of Cisco 3560, 3750, 4948s 6509 & Nexus series (1K, 5K & 7K) switches
- Solid understanding of load balancing technologies preferably Brocade VTM
- Experience in Cisco Network technologies
- Troubleshooting experience
Azure Network components
- Express Route
- Specialist knowledge of the following protocols: DHCP, DNS, FTP, HTTP/HTTPS, SMTP, SSL, TLS, Telnet.
- Experience of authoring technical designs and implementing robust, highly available and scalable infrastructure.
- Relevant Cisco Accreditations and exams
- ITIL Foundation
- Educated to degree level
- 70-533 - Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
We offer an attractive, competitive salary and benefits package for everyone including:
- Competitive base salary and rewards
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday entitlement (could increase with Length of service)
- Pension Scheme
- Extensive opportunities for personal and career development
- Flexible and dynamic working policies
Inclusion & Diversity Statement
We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way to helping us live our purpose and defines why weâ€™re here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
Weâ€™re an equal opportunities employer and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We want to attract and retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, theyâ€™re given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. Weâ€™ve also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
We think that if you can Be Yourself in the workplace, youâ€™ll do your best work and enjoy being part of the team and as a business we get to benefit from that and to celebrate all the wonderful things that diversity brings.