Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders.
Location: Bradford - hybrid working, office based 2-3 days per week.
We are looking for a End User Computing Specialist to proactively support and maintain the end user computing experience for all users by ensuring all logged Incidents, Service Requests, Problems and Change Requests are managed effectively to resolution, in adherence with strict Service Level Agreements (SLA's)
- End User Infrastructure support for all users covering a wide range of devices desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers and associated peripherals
- Incident, Service Request, Change Request and Problem Record investigation and resolution in line with Service Level Agreement and relevant policies'¯
- Assure the preparation for, and smooth transition of, new project deliverables into the team'¯
- With a focus on delivering quality service at the core of our ethos, the End User Computing Specialist will maintain a high-quality work ethic and consistent performance standards, in line with key performance indicators and organisational SLA requirements within a service orientated IT structure
- Promote and demonstrate professional behaviour and attitudes including but not limited to customer and service support ethos across the Business
- Engage and maintain effective root cause analysis for appropriate incident and problem cases, making and documenting recommendations and solutions. Actively record, report and raise incidents and problem tickets where applicable when issues and faults are identified as part of daily checks and active monitoring
- Assist in your particular areas of technical specialism, but also be adaptable to a service orientated structure. Develop additional skills to assist with incidents and root cause activities within other areas of technical discipline across the team
- Have a positive drive and constructive, proactive input in the acceptance into service criteria, for new endpoint platforms, software and services
- Identify, champion and facilitate transition of appropriate 2nd line tasks / service requests / operational monitoring into appropriate 2nd line operational teams or Service Desk
- Encourage long term fix and solid technical resolutions via root cause analysis, problem management and change releases, along with documenting recommendations and solutions
- Develop, document and maintain support processes
- Conduct knowledge management which will comprise of but not limited to keeping documentation updated and mentoring/coaching team members
- Act as an appropriate SME and give relevant technical steer to any projects and meetings attended.'¯'¯
- Identify gaps in technologies and ways of working and contribute to service improvement plans
- Contribute to projects to ensure all technical requirements are captured as part of the planning process and coordinate with the team accordingly.'¯ Own the transition process from design to operations'¯'¯
- Build and maintain key working relationship with other 3rd line teams and Platform Design to progress and implement new technologies and changes
- Contribute to problem management within the team
- Demonstrate ability an understanding of a wide range of End User Computing and Collaboration technologies
- Significant in-depth knowledge of Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) including application packaging, deployment and reporting
- Operating System Deployment (OSD) and troubleshooting experience
- Strong Windows administrator experience i.e. Active Directory/Group Policy/DNS/DHCP
- Experience of root cause analysis and problem management
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong discipline for creation of technical and process documentation, frameworks and working to defined build standards and templates
- ITIL Background, firm understanding of ITIL practices, incident, service, change, problem and release management
DesirableExperience of designing and implementing solutions on or using some of the following technology platforms:
- PowerShell, WMI, WQL / SQL query writing
- Messaging/Exchange Architect Experience in Hybrid Exchange environments
- Communication platforms such as Genesys/Microsoft Cloud PBX & Microsoft Teams/Polycom Video Conferencing Solutions
- Intune/Airwatch (or other) Mobile Device Management experience
- SNOW Software Asset Management
ITIL v3 or 4 Foundation
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
We offer an attractive, competitive salary and benefits package for everyone including:
- Competitive base salary and rewards
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday entitlement (could increase with Length of service)
- Pension Scheme
- Extensive opportunities for personal and career development
- Flexible and dynamic working policies
Inclusion & Diversity Statement
We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way to helping us live our purpose and defines why weâ€™re here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
Weâ€™re an equal opportunities employer and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We want to attract and retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, theyâ€™re given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. Weâ€™ve also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
We think that if you can Be Yourself in the workplace, youâ€™ll do your best work and enjoy being part of the team and as a business we get to benefit from that and to celebrate all the wonderful things that diversity brings.