Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders.
We are looking for a Cloud Engineering Specialist to work within a multi-disciplined team of Cloud Engineers, in a hands-on role to deliver and operate the Cloud Technologies which underpin business capabilities and customer journeys. As a member of the Cloud Engineering Team you will be a key enabler to our business, responsible for the build, delivery and operation of all things Cloud related.
As a technical SME in one or more of the key technologies within your responsibility, you will expected to perform a hands-on role, whilst also supporting other members of the team in their areas of expertise to deliver a cohesive Cloud Engineering Service.
Technically you will be responsible for build, delivery and support of key Cloud hosted capabilities and tools, adopting, embracing and championing an Agile approach to the ways of working within the team and out into the wider department.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
- Have a solid working knowledge of the Microsoft Cloud Stack and demonstrate SME-level knowledge on one or more of the key components'
- Microsoft Azure
- Azure Active Directory
- Have a solid working knowledge of Cloud SaaS, PaaS & IaaS systems along with reliability and security best practices.
- Understand and have experience with identifying gaps and implementing automation, runbooks, scripting, monitoring and alerting in a Cloud-native environment.
- Take an active role in designing, implementing and supporting robust, highly available and scalable Cloud infrastructure, solutions and services
- Understanding and providing technical expertise on the challenges and considerations while hosting new business critical applications in the Cloud
- Understanding and supporting Azure Active Directory and Office 365, including Microsoft Information Protection, Privileged Identity Management, ATP, Conditional Access and Intune.
- Taking the lead as a 3rd line support team the troubleshooting and resolving issues across the technologies.
- Attending and contributing to technical workshops.
- Producing implementation documentation.
- Responsible for knowledge share and transfer to colleagues.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Server family of operating systems and associated roles and services.
- Delivering quality and consistency in incident handling, root-cause analysis and project work.
- Experience with supporting multiple distributed sites from a central location.
- Involvement in IT projects to transition new services into production support.
- Experience of root cause fault analysis and problem management to SME level on Microsoft Cloud-based services
- Strong discipline for creation of technical AND process documentation, and working to defined build standards and templates.
- Demonstrable grounding in understanding business customer needs and business, project and architectural acumen.
- 3+ years hands-on deep technical experience implementing and supporting on a day to day basis with Microsoft Cloud technologies, with a sound level of understanding across the following technologies and SME knowledge in at least one of the three key areas;
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Azure Active Directory with experience of implementing and supporting features such as;
- Conditional Access
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Role Based Access
- SSO / Seamless SSO
- Azure DevOps
- Administrative experience of the Microsoft â€˜M365â€™ Stack including;
- Office 365 Products
- Managing a 365 Tenant and Licenses
- 365 Identity, Access and Security
- MDM Technologies, ideally;
- Microsoft Intune
- Microsoft Autopilot
- Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Working knowledge of FTP and SFTP Technologies, ideally IPSwitch MoveIT
- Experience writing JSON templates and CI/CD Pipeline Delivery
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Cloud Telephony Experience
- AZ-900 Microsoft Fundamentals
- AZ-104 Microsoft Azure Administrator
- Other equivalent Microsoft / 365 Certification
- MCSE or equivalent qualification
- ITIL Qualification
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
Inclusion & Diversity Statement
We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way to helping us live our purpose and defines why weâ€™re here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
Weâ€™re an equal opportunities employer and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We want to attract and retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, theyâ€™re given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. Weâ€™ve also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
We think that if you can Be Yourself in the workplace, youâ€™ll do your best work and enjoy being part of the team and as a business we get to benefit from that and to celebrate all the wonderful things that diversity brings.